Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Looking for a new Pediatrician in 5towns/FR area

amother

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 1:36 pm
I am looking to switch peds for my kids. I am looking for info on anyone in the 5towns/FR area, but particularly Dr. Zev Ash, Dr. Simai, and Long Island Pediatrics.

What I need in a doctor:

1. A non-alarmist. I am a hypochondriac, and need someone who will hear me out, but not panic over every little thing and send me running to his office.

2. Natural minded: won't advocate Tylenol for every little thing and won't give antibiotics like water. But I am very much pro-vax.

3. Availability: I am very limited in my transportation as I don't drive, so I need a place which has good appointment availability so that I can find a time when my husband can take the kids.

Any input would be great!

TIA!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 2:22 pm
Anon bec I don't want to disclose my location.

I use Dr. Simai and am very happy with him.
As for your questions:

1. He seems to be a non-alarmist. I am not a hypochondriac, but I am a first time mom, and whenever I called him or brought my baby in, he was calm and reassured me that there was nothing to worry about (because boruch Hashem there wasn't anything to worry about). But I don't know how he is with hypochondriacs.
2. He is somewhat natural minded, a big believer in breast feeding, and will suggest natural approaches when possible.
3. His office has walk in hours for sick visits Sunday - Thursday mornings, no appointment necessary. His office is located on Central Ave, the main drag, so it's not a far off remote inconvenient location.

I am very happy with him overall- no unpleasant experiences to relate.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 2:25 pm
That's funny, I also don't drive and live in the area. I use Dr. Simai and am very happy. He is very strict about abx and will not prescribe it without confirming it is necessary. He is supportive of extended breastfeeding. He gives you his time and won't rush through appointments. He is not alarmist, but won't make you feel stupid for bothering him with nothing.

momesq

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 3:27 pm
Dr ash is great. He's cautious but not to the extreme. His availability is great and he does house calls for suck visits at no extra costs ( regular copay)

amother

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 3:36 pm
Dr. Ash is a great doctor... I've used him in the past and would still be using him if I lived in the area. He is careful and thorough but not an alarmist. He does not over-medicate. As far as availability of appointments, I can't really say since I haven't used him in a number of years... he is knowledgeable, compassionate and a real mentch... wish he would move to my neighborhood!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 4:00 pm
We've been very happy with LI Pediatric. When I was pregnant with my oldest, we asked around amongst both parents and kids and they came highly recommended.

All the doctors are good, but we particularly like Dr. Marie, Dr. Evan, Dr. Steve, and Dr. Jessica.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 4:07 pm
we use dr simai
we love love love him! he is great with the kids and definitely tries to be more natural in the way he treats.
he is very calm and reassuring.
and deff takes the mothers state into consideration, he really listens.

granolamom

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 5:30 pm
I'm posting under my username so you have a sense of my perspective (I am very very natural minded).

{edited}

I have not ever used dr simai, but I sorta know him from around and he's a really nice guy, I hear ppl are very happy there and if I was still looking for a ped, I would probably interview him.

edited to remove information that I probably shouldnt be posting publicly. you can pm me for more info.

Henna12

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 1:33 pm
I'm very happy with dr Rosenberg/ vipediactrics. Feel free to pm

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 1:49 pm
we left dr ash because our insurance was not one he would take for home visits and he was sometimes VERY hard to get an appointment with. I had to take my child to minor emergency more then once because he did not have appointments available especially on short fridays. I was very upse4tting and frustrating. he would ask me to come in 1 hour before shabbos when I called at 9 am!! He only does house calls for some insurance and now I think charges a fee.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics