Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sending in play-group

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 10:59 am
with so many stories of abuse going on, would you be scared to send to a play-group where the husband is home some of the time?
(my sister did send to a playgroup and shes almost 100% sure the husband molested her boy)
or im being just silly?
there is a change in my girls behaver, shes more upset, but could be she is just too small for playgroup yet, shes 18 months

momX4

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 12:54 pm
Is there an assistant? If yes then I wouldnt worry because there is no way the husband would be watching the kids if the morah steps out, which I guess is your concern.

If your concerned about signs of abuse talk to your pediatrician.

Barbara

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 1:39 pm
Women molest kids, too.

I could never live my life suspecting every man of being a molester, or in a community where everyone viewed men that way. Including your husband and your sons.

We were at a dinner a few weeks ago. A friend's toddler was looking for attention. I picked her up and settled her in DS' lap with a book. Do you know what happened? He read to her. And shared a cookie That's what men do.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 2:10 pm
First of all, if you suspect abuse, you need to talk to a psychologist that specializes in dealing with abuse. Maybe your pediatrician can recommend someone.

I would want to know if there was anyone around the house besides the morah during play group hours. Who they are, when and why they are there, do they ever have unsupervised access to the kids? A male around the kids does not necessarily equal abuse, but you definitely need to look into the situation and feel comfortable before sending your child anywhere.

Unfortunately, I know of way to many playgroups where kids have been neglacted and/or abused Both licensed and unlicensed Its scary, and your really have to do your research, get lots of references, and daven!

I hope your duaghter is ok and that there was no abuse involved, but go with your gut and don't dismiss any concerns!

imasoftov

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 3:57 pm
amother wrote:
(my sister did send to a playgroup and shes almost 100% sure the husband molested her boy)

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics