Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Nobody toilet trained?
Previous  1  2

dr pepper

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 1:50 am
I tried a couple of times to train dd. never worked. I was determined to train her over pesach, but she had stomach problems the whole time and then refused to go potty.

she turned 2 a month ago, through some miracle she went to the potty first thing in the morning for 3 days, then quite a few times throughout the day without me asking. even woke up with a dry diaper this morning.

wish me luck, I'm going to try to train her this weekend. I'm gonna keep her diaperless and hope it works.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 8:58 am
I find that if they are ready or not you should have that potty in the bathroom waiting ... seeking their curiousity ... and once you start just keep at it ... it is when one is wishy washy that it takes so long ... in the "olden days" when pampers were not yet available ... kids were potty trained by one year ... and for me 2 was the limit ... but they made it easy cause they wanted to use the potty ...

dr pepper

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 10:56 am
I don't know, I've had the potty out forever, and have even left her diaperless for a week at a time, and she just consistently went all over the place. she didn't even notice, like she would pee and then just move on without a reaction. she never wanted to use the potty until this week. but now I'm going with it, no looking back...

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 11:00 am
Good Luck to your little girlie ... she can do it ... eventually we all do Wink

cindy324

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 1:25 pm
The only advance my 2 1/2 year old made is that now when she's done making in her diaper, she tells me "change me, I'm stinky" Rolling Eyes
no interest in the toilet whatsoever...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 1:41 pm
Green, ya can't get everything .......

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 2:56 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Green, ya can't get everything .......

apparently not

bashinda

Post Sat, Apr 21 2007, 10:11 pm
Youguys with problems will all be happy when you find out that my almost 4 year old is not toilet trained yet. She had to deal with three new babies and it just hasn't happened yet.

I'm trying to tell her camp won't be as lenient as her school was this year and they won't let her go. we'll see!

dr pepper

Post Sat, Apr 21 2007, 11:55 pm
oyyy I tried to train dd since friday afternoon and she went crazy. peed all over the house many times, help in her poop until the next day. she ran around screaming and crying and really scared me.

and I didn't even push it, all I did was let her go diaperless when she'd been so good with the potty earlier this week.

I dunno, maybe the stress got to her and she's just not ready? dh refused to let me take her diaper off today. I'm still so scared from what she did yesterday. she dug her nails right into her eyes and when I pulled her hands away she was hysterical crying. I don't even know what to make of it.

I'll just go back to what I was doing, potty in the morning, and slowly add more sessions in.

Last edited by dr pepper on Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

el2cg

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 12:17 am
I'm really happy I noticed this topic. I'm going out of my mind! my 3 yr old (and 3 months) is not toilet trained. I've been trying for 7 months now. I tried everything. rewards.....he always says next time he'll make in the toilet, but he always poops in his pants. its crazy! I work part-time and he's in playgroup. every day he comes home with a differen pants. and its no different at home. I ask him every 5 minutes "do u need to make" sometimes I get him to sit for a while...buy I'm never lucky. I took him "off" juice and milk. (thinking he won't have such loose stool) but still no end in sight! so waddaya suggest?!

raizy

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 10:08 pm
I have 4 kids who are toilet trained and low and behold the boys are easier then the girls.

come lets face it when u are in the car and your boy need to make u stop at the curb and let him do his business I am talking about a child who is too young to hold it in like uneder 3 . now a girl u cant really do that . even though my dh did that a few times.

so yes boys are easier to train.I trained my last two boys at 2.3 yrs. they were trained bye day in 3 days.

mimivan

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 10:36 pm
I like the title of this thread "Nobody Toilet trained?" It makes us sound as if we're all wearing Depends!!! LOL

Anyway, my 3 year old was impossible to train, until I consulted with a Rebbetzin who had the same problem, took all his clothes off and let him run around like a little jaybird for a few days. (at first, I wasn't sure this was kosher, but she said it was okay if I was desperate). What could I do? He needed to start cheder and wearing tzitzit! So I put a little potty out and told him when he needed to go, he should sit. Well this worked, with rewards after he went, but I mamash needed to take 3 days off of work! Anyway, b'h that's over (and no, I'm not wearing Depends either) LOL

amother

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 9:11 pm
Mimivan, I have had my 3.2 year old son running around buck naked for a week already, and he still refuses to to defecate in the potty. He urinates fine, will even come running upstairs to use the potty from another floor, but besides urinating...
I am giving the maid a tip this month for washing out fecal stains from all around the house for over a week already...
So? Raizy? What brilliant advice?
Oh, and as for school, I am planning on sending him to school in June IYH (he is homeschooled usually) for 2 months, when we'll be in a city that has a Jewish school, and I am so worried that he'll miss out because he's not toilet trained.

raizy

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 12:14 am
if u are sending him to school for only 2 months ask the morah if they mind pullups.!!! and that what u should use.

I never had to wash any poop after day 3. if I did then that child would be so fast in pampers. I dont believe in making the mother work extra hard. when the child is good and ready to train then they will do it.

it also helps that my last 2 wanted to use the toilet and hate to be dirty. so yes they trained themselve at 2.3 yrs.

I give tons and tons of rewards. before they pish I pop a small jelly in their mouth and after they pish anther one. I also have a chart on the toilet door. every time the reach the toilet door. I stick on a sticker. (its more of a chart for me to see how many times I took the kid to the toilet in one week) usally after 100 stickers they are all trained. then I forget to give a reward here and there same with the stickers and one day they will just run and go to the toilet themselves ..

mom I gotta go to pee right now...... boys are instant the minete they say it they mean it like in 20 seconds ...

ohh and did I forget that my boys love me sooo much they all wanted to learn when I had a newborn baby to deal with. they really love to make me work extra hard when I am really not in the mood.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training