Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Getting Jerusalem consulate appoint for new passport

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 2:21 pm
I have been trying for days to make an online appointment (for my DD who live in Jerusalem without a computer or web access) at the Jerusalem US consulate to get a new passport. It never shows any open appointments. It shows booked appointments for a month or so, and then it shows appointments have not yet been released for booking.

What is the trick (certain time of day, week or month or other) to finding an appointment there?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 2:36 pm
I can't remember exactly when they open up for the following month, but I think it's usually towards the end of the month. They don't seem to open up more than a month in advance at all.

etky

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 2:42 pm
You have to check a few times a day to see if they've posted new slots. They don't show more than a month ahead, sometimes just two weeks. It's getting toward the summer now so the appointments are booked up. If you go during the winter it's much easier to get an appointment quickly.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 3:05 pm
I want to thank everyone. As suggested we checked a couple of times a day and found appointments that opened up on Friday late morning (in the US) probably shortly before the consulate closed for the day and we were able to book one.

Shuly

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 6:27 pm
By the way, I just got an email from the consulate saying that for a first passport, they now require that you fill out the application and email it to them before the appointment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions