Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Good quality kids clothing gemach in Jerusalem area

blossoming

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:37 am
I'm looking for a kids clothing gemach in Jerusalem where I could find good quality summer pants or shorts for my three year old boy.

We've had a lot of expenses lately and there are no pants to be found anywhere for less than 50 sheckels, unless I wait until "Sof Ona" - end of season when the prices drop and become affordable to me. I can't see myself dragging out until then - his winter pants are getting small and its getting hotter each day.

Any ideas for a good gemach that doesn't carry stained, washed out or majorly outdated clothes?

Thanks!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 3:43 am
Find a friend or neighbor with a boy a little older than your son with no brothers younger than him. Ask the mother if they have used pants in wearable condition. Don't feel bad, she doesn't have space to store it anyways. You may end up with a long term supplier for your son!
Look around, it doesn't hurt to ask.

blossoming

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 4:29 am
Iymnok wrote:
Find a friend or neighbor with a boy a little older than your son with no brothers younger than him. Ask the mother if they have used pants in wearable condition. Don't feel bad, she doesn't have space to store it anyways. You may end up with a long term supplier for your son!
Look around, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I have no problem asking around, I always accept hand-me-downs if they match my taste. Though for some reason my acquaintances had a bunch of cute tops and outfits for my two year old girl, but no pants Sad

salt

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 6:45 am
There is one in Bayit Vegan. Anyone have details?

Roots

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:31 am
first of all you should know that in ben yehuda - somewhere there( דורות ראשונים 5), is a second hand store called hametzion. it has really cheap prices and they only take clean good quality clothing. you can find tons of things there men, women, children clothing, jewelry sunglasses etc. https://www.facebook.com/hamezion

second, we used to get a weekly 'shvuon' as they call it and in the back (classifieds) there is sometimes advertised - yisa bracha - a organization? that gets clothes from the us from frum families and passes them on to here (the items are like 5-20 shekel each) and also clean and not torn and basically new looking. their sales are near rechov yoel if you know where that is.
good luck

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:35 am
There is a place on Panim Meiros 6 in the miklat. Also a maternity gemach.

blossoming

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 1:45 pm
thanks - I work next to ben yehuda so I'll check it out.

Do you have the panim Meiros gmach number?

Bored

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 1:50 pm
what size is your 3 year old son wearing?

blossoming

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 1:51 pm
Bored wrote:
what size is your 3 year old son wearing?

3T

achot613

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 2:04 pm
When are these clothing sales on Yoel street? Sounds really good

blossoming

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 3:07 pm
any other ideas? There must be good gemachs out there!

blossoming

Post Mon, Apr 27 2015, 4:20 pm
bump

blossoming

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:41 pm
My friend told me about a family named Steinacker on Panim Meiros 6 that runs a great gemach in their machsan.

There number is 02-537-3480.

Any others, in case I can't find any suitable pants? I live in Tzfat and will be coming in tomorrow to my works office as I do twice a week.

Itsy Bitsy

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 5:15 pm
If you are going to be in the geula area, it might be worthwhile to check out Leader on Malchei Yisrael. I saw some new stuff there for really great prices-pant and shorts for 20-40 shekel, skirts for 10-15. Some were more, but there was definitely what to find for a good price. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics