Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Which Costco Membership? Also, Costco or Bjs?

L K

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 2:59 pm
Aside from the 2% reward, are there any differences among the 3 types of Costco memberships?

Does it affect the actual prices?

Can you shop online, with the same prices as in the store?

Is BJs a better or worse option.

Specifically, for Lakewood, where Costco supposedly has a lot of kosher products ("supposedly" - cause I've never been there).

Also, what brand CY cheeses do they carry?

Thanks!

Twinster

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:02 pm
The 2% doesn't actually cost any more than the regular card.

You don't get better prices. However, you're guaranteed to earn back at least the $50 difference between the regular and 2% (gold?) card.

L K

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 3:29 pm
What about business card vs the other 2?

tweety1

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 6:59 pm
Regarding bjs and costco. We were by costco then switched to bjs and now were back by costco. We like costco better

chicco

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 7:32 pm
So as far as I know costco has a base membership, and another which is double the price, and a business one of some kind. I usually opt for the double the price one because it gives you the ability to earn 2% back and if your 2% isn't at least the amount of the difference between the memberships, they refund you that amount.

As far as convenience, BJ's takes credit cards, whereas costco only takes AMEX or debit/cash.

I find that costco has better options and better pricing. BJ's packaging seems much smaller in comparison, so even if the price is technically cheaper, you are not getting the same amount as you would with costco. I think BJ's prices are ultimately higher because of this.

This has been my experience.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains