Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
Mazal Tov! It's a princess!
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 8:20 am
youngishbear wrote:
Or the poor in Israel.

Or Nepal.

Or anywhere where it's NEEDED.
Confused

Let's be dlkz that that's how she'll use it.

JMM-uc

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 8:28 am

chatouli

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 9:12 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
Many non Jews do not give their baby a name immediately. Also, many frum people know their baby's name long before she/he is born and immediately write it on the birth certificate. Charlotte and Alice are not very "old" names, but Alice that other names have.

Her name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. Kate's middle name name is also Elizabeth, as is the Queen's first name. I'm really not into the royals, but I'm happy that Kate chose to go with traditional names so at least some class is preserved and practiced.

I doubt Kate had any choice in the matter. Sure, she could've chosen different traditional names, but I'm sure they had to ask the Queen's blessing and Willow or Apple wouldn't have cut it.

Also, I heard on the radio that Charlotte is the feminine equivalent of Charles. It's a traditional British royal name. And a beautiful one Smile

stem

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 10:20 am
I believe Chelsea Clinton also named her daughter Charlotte this year.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 11:12 am
Hooray for the little princess! "Charlotte" is for the grandfather, Charles. She is also named for Elizabeth for the Queen and for Diana.

chocolate fondue

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 12:30 pm
This princess has the same middle name as her mother, (Catherine Elizabeth) her grandmother (Carol Elizabeth), great-grandmother (Queen Elizabeth) great-great-grandmother (Elizabeth, the Queen Mother)... I didn't look any further back.

I glad they also named her after Diana.

I can understand giving children the same name as their parents, but I can't understand giving siblings the same name. (One of Prince Andrew's names is Edward... same name as his brother, Prince Edward.)

Scrabble123

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 1:01 pm
chocolate fondue wrote:
This princess has the same middle name as her mother, (Catherine Elizabeth) her grandmother (Carol Elizabeth), great-grandmother (Queen Elizabeth) great-great-grandmother (Elizabeth, the Queen Mother)... I didn't look any further back.

I glad they also named her after Diana.

I can understand giving children the same name as their parents, but I can't understand giving siblings the same name. (One of Prince Andrew's names is Edward... same name as his brother, Prince Edward.)

Well I know more than one Chassidishe family who follow the minhag of Munkatch and have sons with the same name, Yaakov. One is something like Yaakov Chaim and the other Yehuda Yaakov. Munkatch doesn't have a minhag to do specifically this, but that two names together is really one name so the name Yaakov Chaim is not Yaakov and Chaim, which is why some people have ended up with two Yaakovs.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 1:02 pm
stem wrote:
I believe Chelsea Clinton also named her daughter Charlotte this year.

Charlotte is not a dated name at all. It's quite trendy, especially in the US with the nn Charlie (Like how people like to give Brandon as a girls' name)

kitov

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 1:10 pm
what will the new princess be called?

JMM-uc

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 1:15 pm
kitov wrote:
what will the new princess be called?

Charlotte!

nywife

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 1:25 pm
Aww she's cute! So is Prince George. Guess they get their mommys genes Smile

It amazes me how flawless she looked when they announced the birth. Only a few hours after having a baby and she was in heels!

sequoia

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 1:26 pm
Maybe Lottie or Lotte?

Shuly

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 2:46 pm
Such a cute baby! I was reading the comments online and I don't know why people are so surprised that the birth was quick. It's known that 2nd births are usually very fast.
When I had my 2nd, as soon as the midwives heard it was my 2nd birth, they rushed me into delivery and sure enough, the baby was born 45 minutes later.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries