Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Interesting questions during first date (Chassidish)
Previous  1  2

shoeboxgirly

Post Thu, Feb 02 2012, 3:58 am
imaima wrote:
becky wrote:
My divorced friend met someone from Israel, also divorced and very Chassidish. On the first date he:

1. told her he had heard she is a beautiful woman

2. asked her how much she earns.

She asked me what I thought. I told her I was very surprised, even shocked, but that it might be normal for an Israeli.

what do you think?

Sounds like he wants to get down to business.

What she said Smile

He like's how you look...great, generally a bonus.
He wants to you you're earning so he can have a picture in his head of the possible future with the pretty lady. If the guy was British I'd be like shock shock but for an Israeli? nah, also he might be thinking of the negative traits of his previous wife, and hoping that his next wife will be completely different (that's if he is being pragmatic).

But it only really matters if she thinks it was rude...

invisiblecircus

Post Thu, Feb 02 2012, 4:09 am
I think it depends how it was said. It could also have meant "I heard you were beautiful and that's why I wanted to date you."

amother

Post Thu, Feb 02 2012, 1:41 pm
I think it's only because he is up to his second marriage and knows all about woman, nothing new to him.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 4:45 pm
First of all Isaelies are more open and honest, I know I am Israeli, And secondly concidering that he is divorced so he is no young chick , He has a little expierience in life so there is nothing wrong with him complementing her on her beauty even on the first date, About asking how much she makes straight on the first date hopefully his intentions are pure and he is just curious to know what she earns , If she goes out with him again she shouldnt be ashamed to ask him the same question too.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 5:37 pm
amother wrote:
First of all Isaelies are more open and honest, I know I am Israeli, And secondly concidering that he is divorced so he is no young chick , He has a little expierience in life so there is nothing wrong with him complementing her on her beauty even on the first date, About asking how much she makes straight on the first date hopefully his intentions are pure and he is just curious to know what she earns , If she goes out with him again she shouldnt be ashamed to ask him the same question too.

Yeah, Israelis do this. They don't consider it personal information the way Anglos do. My dad was israeli and every time I'd bring home a new friend he'd ask her "and what does your father do?" So embarrassing. Then I went to Israel, hitched a ride with some dude, and practically the first thing he asks me is "what does your father do?"!

But this thread is over 2 years old, so by now they're either married to each other or gone their separate ways.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette