Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many sets of linen do you have?

1 per bed  
 10%  [ 4 ]
2 per bed  
 17%  [ 7 ]
1 per bed and some extras  
 22%  [ 9 ]
2 per bed with some extra  
 30%  [ 12 ]
more than I can count  
 20%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 40

momtomany

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 12:43 pm
how do you wash them? do you strip the bed, wash, and put it back on the same day? or do you strip the bed and remake the bed with another set and wash the first set without time restrictions?

if your cleaning lady changes the linen for you, how does she do it?

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 12:53 pm
I have 2 sets, the linens get stripped and right away I put on a new set and then wash the dirty ones at my convenience.

Both sets go with my bedskirt. I can't imagine stripping that every time also.

jewgal84

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 12:56 pm
Our beds have one set and cleaning lady washes it once a week, strips, clean and remakes it in same day.

We have extra fitted sheets to replace if need be.

Guestroom has 2 sets so when ppl come over no restrictions of washing so often in timed zone.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:21 pm
our master bedroom gets custom made linens, which last about 10 years. I have three sets.

the kids have cheaper sets, but more of them. ...usually bought for birthdays.

each bed has one comforter, and I have one extra, for sleepover guests. I hve more pillows and blanket,s too.

I try to wash the same day but it's sometimes impossible and the kids hate to change their linens, so I just do mine on a schedule.

momtomany

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:28 pm
how much time does it take your cleaning lady to change wash and remake the linen?
my lady is only here for 3 hrs, and it doesnt seem to be enough time to change everything.

jewgal84

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:30 pm
munchkin wrote:
how much time does it take your cleaning lady to change wash and remake the linen?
my lady is only here for 3 hrs, and it doesnt seem to be enough time to change everything.

Well were talking about 2 beds, tops 4 (guest room), shes also here for 3-4 hrs, I live on a floor of a house, so shes not always busy busy, she even has time to iron my hubbys shirts!!

ssbarnes

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:37 pm
We have plenty of linens. I have an aunt that just keeps giving us linens as gifts, so I have more than I know what to do with.

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:58 pm
My dryer takes FOREVER, I would never be able to strip, wash and put back in 3 hours.

Basya

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 2:14 pm
I have 2 sets - I alternate every 2 weeks.

MyKidsRQte

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 2:34 pm
My cleaning lady changes my linen every Friday. I have another set per bed, so I change it, and wash the original sets on Monday.

ny21

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 4:45 pm
nice poll ! LOL

justanothermother

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 5:21 pm

Last edited by justanothermother on Sun, Mar 02 2008, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

chen

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 6:02 pm
Our stuff would never dry in time to be put back on the bed right away, and in any case we strip and then immediately remake the bed every Friday. So, one to use, one to wash, plus a few extra for when someone gives up their bed to a guest, in case of accident, a water-main break that leaves us without water on laundry day, or whatever.

Marion

Post Sat, Apr 28 2007, 2:43 pm
It's definitely not more than I can count, but none of the other options apply either. We have 3 sheets for the crib; 1 for the playpen. We have 3 sets for the 2 guest beds, and we have 3 sets (plus a white bottom sheet) for my bed; DH has 5 sets.

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 7:37 am
We have two sets of shees for our guest room bed, 3 sets of sheets for the master bedroom- 2 sets of non-nidda sheets, 1 set of nidda sheets. (King size are for non nidda when beds are together, two twin sheets for nidda) Guest room I change and wash the sheets after a guest slept in it. In the master bedroom I change the sheets and wash them when switching from nidda to tahor and visa versa...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics