Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
The tooth malach

withhumor

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 8:27 pm
I find it hilarious that my 9 yr old and 7 yr old are still totally into the tooth malach is it normal? Am I being cruel for talking them into such shtissim? I think as long as the fantasy works, why not! LOL

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 10:47 pm
hey ... it's fun while you do it ... they're smarter than you think ... and have fun with them ... you're only a kid once ...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 7:13 am
awww it's cute!! around here it was the tooth mouse Very Happy

withhumor

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 9:07 am
This morning my son wanted to know if the dollar was worth $2 because it comes from a malach…

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 10:25 am
that's so cute ... once when my oldest lost her tooth - she put a note on the door ... "tooth fell out ... muny pleez ..."

Ima'la

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 11:00 am
That's cute, Green

WH, are they into the tooth fairy or the $$$? When I was a kid, I always knew there was no tooth fairy, but I told my mother I was putting my tooth under my pillow and expected to find money when I woke up!

DD just lost her first tooth and said, "So what should I do with it?" Her friend was over and said, "You could put it under your pillow." I quickly said, "We don't do that in our family" before she could ask why she should put her tooth under her pillow! If I lived in America, I don't know that I'd be so makpid, but living in E"Y, no one knows from such things. (This friend of hers has lots of older sibs who were old enough when they made aliyah to know about tooth fairies!)

I don't like the idea of calling it a malach, though. If your kids are going to be into silly American ideas, let them know that they are silly American ideas. Do we now have Michael, Gavriel, and (lehavdil) the Tooth Malach?!?!?! Why shouldn't your kids believe in it anymore? It's a malach! And when they stop believing in it, will they stop believing in all malachim, ch"v? You're mixing kedusha with silly narishkeit (if not worse)! (Sorry to be a spoilsport!)

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 11:27 am
you have a valid point ... but I think she was just using terminology that is more her language ... not giving clout to the "malach" ...

ny21

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 1:07 pm
My kids
complained that their friend "Frumma"
got 20 dollers for her tooth and
they only get 5 bucks from the tooth fairy
I told them that their friend "lives in a better neighborhood.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 2:06 pm
when my kids were that age I told them that he doesn't come to east new york.

they believed me.

we have discussed this before, you could search tooth malach.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 2:24 pm
mine were happy with $1 - go figure

ceekay

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 6:24 pm
My son was doubting if there was actually a malach so when his tooth fell out he didnt tell me or my husband he just put it under his pillow and in the morning he tells us I know theres no tooth malach cuz last night I put it under my pillow and there was no money.

withhumor

Post Tue, Apr 17 2007, 11:28 pm
You gotta be kidding, we put a quarter, or 2 quarters if it was a big bleeder. No big bux so they’re not in this for the money, they’re doing this for the ‘reward’ of getting something for their pain.

stmom

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 12:20 am
here is a cut email I received

"While working for an organization that delivers lunches to
elderly shut-ins, I used to take my 4-year-old daughter on my
afternoon rounds. She was unfailingly intrigued by the various
appliances of old age, particularly the canes, walkers and
wheelchairs. One day I found her staring at a pair of false teeth
soaking in a glass. As I braced myself for the inevitable barrage
of questions, she merely turned and whispered, "The tooth fairy
will never believe this!"

Seraph

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 1:22 pm
My parents didn't beleive in promoting fake myths, suchas the tooth fairy or whatever. They said its not good to lie to your kids. And they didn't beleive we should get rewarded for a natural thing...

Then again, I probably won't either do the tooth fairy, but maybe I'd give my kids ice cream if they lost a tooth, to sooth it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics