Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When Erev Pesach is on Shabbos

Motek

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 9:15 am
Follow this link for a free download of the Targum Press booklet on Erev Pesach that falls on Shabbat (in English).

http://www.targum.com/files/Sh.....h.pdf

Pearl

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 10:02 am
thank you so much for this!!!

Motek

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 4:41 pm
my pleasure! Smile

I just wonder - number 16 says the candles for yomtov should be placed in the candlesticks before Shabbos

huh?

the Shabbos candles are in them and lit!

Chanie

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 5:08 pm
well according to this you are to set your table for the seder before shabbos too... so you would need a separate table to eat your shabbos meal on, and you would need 2 sets of candle sticks.
And wearing yom tov clothes for shabbos... (19) does that mean to be dressed a day early or does it mean that you shouldn't wear weekday clothes for shabbos.......?

1stimer

Post Fri, Apr 08 2005, 10:44 am
Quote:
And wearing yom tov clothes for shabbos...

I haven't read the link, but I learnt that one should have extra special clothes for yomtov.

Motek

Post Fri, Apr 08 2005, 10:48 am
Chanie wrote:
well according to this you are to set your table for the seder before shabbos too... so you would need a separate table to eat your shabbos meal on, and you would need 2 sets of candle sticks.

aha, sounds right, but do you own two sets of candlesticks? do you know anybody who does? can't say that I do

yes, there are tea-lamps, but they are a recent invention and can't be a requirement of any kind

very nice to prepare the seder table in advance, not a requirement though

Quote:
I haven't read the link, but I learnt that one should have extra special clothes for yomtov.

I learned that too and never understood it - do you know ANYBODY, man or woman, who has special bigdei yomtov apart from their bigdei Shabbos? I don't.

Tefila

Post Fri, Apr 08 2005, 11:29 am
Quote:
do you know ANYBODY, man or woman, who has special bigdei yomtov apart from their bigdei Shabbos? I don't.

We can always start you know. An excuse for me to get a couple outfits Twisted Evil

gryp

Post Fri, Apr 08 2005, 2:49 pm
Quote:
do you know ANYBODY, man or woman, who has special bigdei yomtov apart from their bigdei Shabbos?

I think it meant youre supposed to buy something new for yomtov and thats whats called "bigdei yomtov."

1stimer

Post Sat, Apr 09 2005, 1:53 pm
motek wrote:
do you know ANYBODY, man or woman, who has special bigdei yomtov apart from their bigdei Shabbos?

yes, my hubby has a special yom tov suit. I have special jewelery I keep for yom tov.

just cos ppl don't do it, doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be done.

Motek

Post Sun, Apr 10 2005, 11:10 am
1stimer wrote:
[yes, my hubby has a special yom tov suit.

how interesting! he wears it ONLY on Pesach, Shavuos, Succos (Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur) and never on Shabbos?

Quote:
just cos ppl don't do it, doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be done.

true, but if many knowledgeable, frum Jews don't do it (and I just asked one if he does and the answer was no), then the question is why

roza

Post Sun, Apr 10 2005, 11:45 am
in the buklet attached the shabbos hagodol is on 7 of nissan, but it's on 14th of nissan

Motek

Post Sun, Apr 10 2005, 12:23 pm
good point
seems it's an old book!

back to bigdei yomtov
R' Farkash in his Chol Hamoed book, deals with the issue, if bigdei Shabbos is enough for yomtov (see p 11-12) - anybody have it? can quote it?

gryp

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 10:12 am
heres a link to a book on Hilchos Pesach 5 (Lubavitcher Minhagim), including when Erev Pesach is on shabbos: (this book is being sold in stores too)

http://www.shmais.com/img/pdf/.....h.pdf

roza

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 10:56 am
ah, that's good! thanks. Thumbs Up

gryp

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 1:44 pm
just to note: first I posted the link and then I read it. only after I posted did I realize many of the chumros are Lubavitch there. I didnt mean to exclude anyone here.

1stimer

Post Wed, Apr 27 2005, 2:09 am
motek wrote:
how interesting! he wears it ONLY on Pesach, Shavuos, Succos (Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur) and never on Shabbos?

yes. he also wore it for our wedding.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics