Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Full bangs on a shaitel- yay or nay?

sara_s

Post Sat, May 30 2015, 3:27 pm
Do full bangs look good with a long wavy shaitel?

I like the idea of a not "shaitely" look, but don't know if it's a loik that's horribly out of style

Liebs

Post Sat, May 30 2015, 3:36 pm
Everything is in today if it's long!
If looks good on you, go for it. I wouldn't buy a new shaitel that way but I did it to one of my older ones (and then regretted). Shaitel I have now can be middle part/side part...shaitel doesn't have to always look the same. Once bangs always basically looks same.

rosenbal

Post Sat, May 30 2015, 11:01 pm
Bangs are amazing on an everyday shaitel if you work (especially in a non frum environment) and don't want to always be worried about your hairline showing or your side bangs getting in your face. I have a longish shaitel and the bangs are so natural and confortable. Don't have to touch my hair ALL day.

My shaitel has more body than actual waves although sometimes I style it with waves. Looks good.

lucky14

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 12:02 am
I love bangs. I like the look and the fact that you don't have to worry about the hair line showing as others said. I have two long ones that I usually wear straight, but sometimes I curl one of them and after a while the curls kind of turn into waves and it still looks great Smile

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 12:07 am
I love full bangs. They don't look so sheitaly. I have them on my curly and straight sheitals. I get plenty of complements.

sara_s

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 1:59 am
It's for a Shabbos shaitel. It's a new shaitel, it has a lace front and baby hair, and side bangs pushed back, and I just feel like that look isn't so natural.

But women who buy full bangs often tell me they regret it-why? Do the bangs get greasy and need to be washed often? Or is it the style?

Liebs

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 2:47 am
sara_s wrote:
It's for a Shabbos shaitel. It's a new shaitel, it has a lace front and baby hair, and side bangs pushed back, and I just feel like that look isn't so natural.

But women who buy full bangs often tell me they regret it-why? Do the bangs get greasy and need to be washed often? Or is it the style?

I think you just get bored of it and then can't change it. That's why I'd say for new one keep without and you can always add them when you're in the mood of a change. Are you trying to hide the fact that shaitel? While I agree bangs can help you get away with "shaitel look" I have seen lace fronts lately that I had to take a good second look to see if was shaitel or not.
For myself I wear what looks nice. It may look like a shaitel but the middle part frames my face nicely.
Many shaitel machers will add bangs for really minimal fee. You can wear it a awhile and then add the bangs later if you'd like.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 8:08 am
Liebs wrote:
I think you just get bored of it and then can't change it. That's why I'd say for new one keep without and you can always add them when you're in the mood of a change. Are you trying to hide the fact that shaitel? While I agree bangs can help you get away with "shaitel look" I have seen lace fronts lately that I had to take a good second look to see if was shaitel or not.
For myself I wear what looks nice. It may look like a shaitel but the middle part frames my face nicely.
Many shaitel machers will add bangs for really minimal fee. You can wear it a awhile and then add the bangs later if you'd like.

I am not trying to hide that it is a sheital. The sheital look with the side bangs is too heavy. I draws down the face. The face is not balanced whereas the full bangs focus on the eyes and open up the face. The side bangs is aging.

The other problem is that ladies are always flicking at the side bangs. When in a room full of sheital wearers it starts looking strange.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 10:13 am
Full bangs are good if you have a long, narrow face. They cut the length of the face. My only issue with full bangs is that I've yet to find a sheitel macher that knows how to cut them the way I like them(wispy/thin). They cut them so thick and heavy. Thick bangs are just so overbearing. The only hairdressers that have ever known how to cut bangs the way I like them were in regular hair salons, before I was married. Unfortunately they don't cut wig hair. Sad
Eta: I'm not criticizing all sheitel machers, cvs. It's just that I've had bad luck in having sheitel machers ruin an otherwise beautiful sheitel with a poor "bang cut".
I posted amother bc I've discussed this IRL.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 12:47 pm
amother wrote:
Full bangs are good if you have a long, narrow face. They cut the length of the face. My only issue with full bangs is that I've yet to find a sheitel macher that knows how to cut them the way I like them(wispy/thin). They cut them so thick and heavy. Thick bangs are just so overbearing. The only hairdressers that have ever known how to cut bangs the way I like them were in regular hair salons, before I was married. Unfortunately they don't cut wig hair. Sad
Eta: I'm not criticizing all sheitel machers, cvs. It's just that I've had bad luck in having sheitel machers ruin an otherwise beautiful sheitel with a poor "bang cut".
I posted amother bc I've discussed this IRL.

I agree with you that sheital machers can't cut. You need a real hair cutter.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 1:11 pm
amother wrote:
I agree with you that sheital machers can't cut. You need a real hair cutter.

Just curious... Do you happen to know of a really good hair cutter in the ny area that also cuts sheitels?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 1:34 pm
amother wrote:
Just curious... Do you happen to know of a really good hair cutter in the ny area that also cuts sheitels?

Kiwi from Shevy does private sheitals also. They fly her up from Florida e every week to cut for them. She is amazing! They found her in a real hair salon.

lucky14

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 1:43 pm
What are lace fronts?
The only thing I find annoying with my bangs is that I'm kind of obsessive about them being full and curled under just right, so I get annoyed when they aren't perfect like that and I have trouble keeping them just how I like them after one wear. I still so much prefer having them though and don't regret getting sheitels with bangs.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
Kiwi from Shevy does private sheitals also. They fly her up from Florida e every week to cut for them. She is amazing! They found her in a real hair salon.

Thanks for the recommendation!

kollel wife

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 9:58 am
Do the bangs get greasy and need to be washed often? Or is it the style?
MOST DEFINITELY YES - in my experience - that's why I don't have bangs any more - they end up looking awful very soon.

Some people wash just the bangs themselves - I was afraid to do that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics