Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Dybbuk in Toronto?!
Previous  1  2

Sunshine

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 11:12 am
Rivka wrote:
dybuks are not shin daleds, they are souls of people who have died and were so bad they couldn't go anywhere, so they are left in limbo and constantly trying to get out of it by looking for "weak" prey. This means if someone is weak in their spiritual side. When a Dybuk possesses it is also a parasite to the person being possessed.

Unfortunatly there are many rashas now adays so that would mean you would hear of a lot of these dybuks. So why then are we not hearing about them? I have to say I don't really understand the idea of it and maybe because of that I don't believe it could happen or such a thing exists.

Motek

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 11:18 am
if you would read Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman's testimony to the exorcisim of the dybbuk in the Chofetz Chaim's days, you would believe it

Sunshine

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 11:38 am
What is the name of the book. Is it going to really scare a person that reads it?

Motek

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 11:41 am
it's in the very unscary biograph of the Chofetz Chaim by Artscroll

http://www.artscroll.com/Books/chsh.html

supermom

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 1:59 pm
and do some of you believe the one with the fish that occured not long ago the the fish talked? Confused

Rivka

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 2:42 pm
Yes I heard about the fish talking but I don't really believe it.
Dybbuk is different. It can't just happen to any bad person, I think you would probably have to read into these things, it has to be around at the right time and the right place and the person at that time has to be weak.
There is stuff written about this kind of thing in Rambam.

Motek

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 2:55 pm
I don't think the fish store owner or his Hispanic worker gained anything by making up the story.

sunshine - I tried looking through the Chofetz Chaim bio, as well as the R' Elchonon bio, and didn't find the page number, as I would have liked, though I thought I read it as a footnote in one of those books

I'm also thinking, I may have read it in Gershon Winkler's book "The Dybbuk". This link lists "Radin" (where the Chofetz Chaim lived) - and this is the story I meant. This book is scary:

http://www.hebrewworld.com/books/Dybbuk.html

Rivka

Post Mon, Apr 18 2005, 7:26 pm
Motek that's the book I read
And I read all the bits at the back about dybbuks and ghosts and poltergeists and it had quotes from places. It's very interesting.

mom3boys

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 1:43 am
So, nu, did anyone talk to Rabbi Shochet? I live in Toronto and I haven't heard anything of the sort, but that doesn't mean much. If anyone knows the story, please share.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics