Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Drugstore vs brand name makeup

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 5:31 pm
Is there really a difference between the two besides price? Do you pay just for a name and fancier packaging?

nicole81

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 5:40 pm
it depends what the product is. oftentimes you can google to find dupes of higher end products. I myself use a mix. I'm very happy with drugstore eyeliner, mascara (I do buy a special lancome lash enhancer to protect my lashes under the waterproof stuff for shabbos and YT), lipstick, and bronzer. however I have not had good results with drugstore eyeshadow (and my $40 palette will last me at least a year with daily use because it's so pigmented and stays all day), face and eye primer, blush, and setting spray. So for these products I spend more happily, because the look I love in the morning will still be almost as nice (or as nice) at the end of the day.

yenny

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:52 pm
In the past I only used major brands, until one day I tried the pharmacy. Well today when I pass the counter at department stores I laugh and can't believe I actually spent thousands of dollars on the same item.
now I can go to the pharmacy and try a new product or color and not feel guilty if I won't use it too much.it's so much more fun , Ya gotta live a little!!

iamamother

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:59 pm
I think there is a difference but its not always worth the price. for example, I only buy bare minerals foundation and anything that goes all over my face... but for eyeliner and mascara, although I do see a difference I only use bare minerals for shabbos and YT since it stays on better... I use cover girl during the week. for lipgloss I dont think there is much of a difference...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics