Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How much sleep do they need?/what's bedtime like by you?
Previous  1  2  3

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 3:47 pm
With older teens, I'm the first one in bed!

S.Shcwartz

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 8:38 pm
Thank you supermom! I thought I was the only one who puts my kids to sleep at 6:00. Sometimes as early as 5:30! My kids are 16 and 2-1/2. WHAT ON EARTH DO U DO WITH THE KIDS UNTIL BEDTIME SO LATE? My kids are so bored. They eat early, like 4:30-5:00 and sometimes bath, so I try to stretch that ,so at 5:45 they beg me for their story already!

In a way I like it. I have my whole evening. If I want to leave there is no problem for the babysitter. Also, the coming out of bed thing, I think it's the way they are trained...Not that I really know cuz both of my kids are still in cribs....

yfrh

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 9:18 pm

My husband is not home at bed time which makes it difficult for me.
A few years ago, he came home around 9:30 and just say go to bed and they listened. I felt so demoralized every night at that time.
Now we have reading time every night but don't always have time and my kids are so energetic at night. they just don't get tired.
We get hame at five have dinner by six. Before I know it it is 7pm when homework should be done. At seven it is reading and or bath and they in bed by 8. that is on a good night. Many times even on a good night they are in their room but not asleep until nine or ten.

baseballmom

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:47 am
We have dinner at 4:45, followed by baths from 515-545. Then I clean up the kitchen while the dc play for a while and at 615 I put my 22 month old to sleep in her crib. She drinks a bottle and then goes straight to sleep, almost never a problem. My older 2 (5 and 4) go upstairs and we read stories (2), do their charts, say shema, then I rub their backs and they go to sleep - works about 70% of the time, and they are asleep by 7pm. The rest of the time it is repeated requests for food, drinks, more books, the light on and other goodies from my dc.

I love having my evenings!

momof2

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 1:49 pm
My kids go to sleep early also. My husband gets home around 5:30ish and if they dont have baths that night, then we get both kids pjs on and he plays with them, says shema, my 11 month old gets a bottle and my 2 year old gets a pacafiar. between 6:15- 6:30 theyre usually both in bed!
if they are having baths that night I usually do the baths around 5 so by the time my hubby gets home theyre in pjs.

mirisimma

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 2:24 pm
I get the feeling that it helps the kids to have routine, so they know what to expect, and they can prepare thjemselves for it. I think itas hard for them to say goodnight and go into a room by themslves...

I have one (miri!!) still in a crib. we do bath at 7:30 , baby oil!! PJ, I dont give her bottle in bed, but I give hr one while she on my lap reading book (1-3 dep on time) then we cuddle while I sing her a song, and then she goes to daddy with her shmata and pacie, he puts her in with a kiss and walks out and closes the door. she is so ok with it that she waves goodbye tp both of us.

BUT she used to not be ok with it, and we did it anyway for a week and she got used to it. she goes through phases where she protests every few months, but we just keep on going with the routine (unless shes sick or exhausted or somthing is diffeent) shes asleep by 8. 8:30 max

funny thing is though that shes so used to her routine that if were out she just turns around and falls asleep on one of us at precisely 8!!

shopaholic

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:22 am
I looked out of my window at 7:15 pm last night I my neighbor's 6 kids - ages 13-2.5 were all outside, riding their bikes. A friend around the corner has no problem with our sons playing together until 7 pm. Am I the only one who put a 4 & 2.5 year old to bed between 6:30 & 7 & a 7 year old at 7/7:30? The older 2 don't always fall asleep right away, but they sleep for close to 12 hours.

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:26 am
I start to get the kids ready for bed between 5:30 and 6 depending on the weather and I put my kids to bed (they are 7, 5 and 3) btween 6:30 and 7. but lately with the weather being so nice I've kind of let them play outside longer and they are going to bed around 7:30. But the 5 year old is very tired the next morning with this so I think next week I'am going to try and get back into the old scheduale.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:29 am
I put my 8-month old to sleep at 730-8 and he wakes up around 6-630. If you put your preschoolers to sleep that early when do they get up?? shock

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:33 am
They get up at around 7 to 7:30 in the morning, remember they have had a really full day in school and are totally wacked when they get home.

shoy18

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:37 am
I put mine in during the week 6:30ish and he wakes up at 7-7:30. On the weekends he naps during the day so I put him in to bed at around 7

dr pepper

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:41 am
Mine go to bed at 8. Their father would never see them I put them to sleep earlier.

bashinda

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:43 am
It depends on the child. I put my DD to bed around 7 - 7:30 at the latest (she's almost 4) and she wakes up usually around 7am.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:45 am
Ok. So I'm normal. My 2.5 yr old sleeps 6:30/7 - 7 am.

I know this neighbor has a hard time getting her kids into bed. She tells me that the 7 yr old is still up at 10 because his 13 yr old brother is up then. Crazy!

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:51 am
yeah I have a hard time with that also... my 7 year old would love to lay in bed and read, but his younger brother bounces on the bed if the lights are still on.. I put them in bed at 7, and put on a tape of stories, or if I am not too tired I read to them. Honestly, majority of the time I am exhausted, so I put on the tape and sleep until it clicks, then off to cleaning apt and studying

amother

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 11:28 am
The older your children get the later they and their younger siblings will inevitabley go to sleep. My 7 yr old is just no where near tired before 8:45-9:00 and has no problem getting out of bed at 7 am. I used to fight it but whats the point as long as she seems to be getting up on time in a good mood the next morning and it doesnt affect her schoolwork, why fight it. I do make sure that downtime, reading time ect starts at 6:30 7and it still doesnt help her sleep before 9

baseballmom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 11:27 am
my 2 yo goes to sleep at 630, and my 5 and 4 year old go to sleep at 7. Storytime from 630-645 and they are usually asleep by 7 or 715. They get up around 630, which is perfect...I want them to be up so they can get dressed, eat, and still have a little time to play before school.

shayna82

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 11:35 am
my almost four year old, and my two year old go to sleep at 8 on the dot.

curlyhead

Post Tue, May 01 2007, 12:36 am
I'm jealous of you. My 4 year old naps 30 min in preschool which means he will not fall asleep till 9 sometimes 9:30. Once he goes to bed later it is easier just to do the younger kids then also.

raizy

Post Tue, May 01 2007, 12:52 am
ahh the golden years of babyhood. I fondly remember putting my kids to sleep at 7:00 on the dot and they would all fall asleep with a tape. .etc.

but now that my bocher is all of 7.5 bedtime is for him when he konks out.betwheen 9 and 12:00 p.m. for the other 4 it is usally around 8.

so yes I would be a perfect mother if not for my bocher. but hey . life is not easy. and anyways. if all the kids are on my block still playing how can I be the "only" mother who brings the kids in so early.

as is my dd friends are all out on the street till late. when I told my dd she can go out till her friends she was so happy. and I do want her to interact with other kids her age. she is 6.5 but on the street where I live these kids are out till 8:30 9

I dont really care anymore when my kids go to sleep. as long as they do not wake me up before 7:30 am not all kids can sleep 12 hrs . mine can only sleep at the most 10 to 11 hrs. and no I dont want my kids up at 5 in the morning.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics