Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Toronto Hotels

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 8:23 pm
Was looking into Holiday Inn Yorkdale, Hilton Garden Inn Thornhill or Montecassino Hotel.

Can anyone tell me if any of these are nice hotels or can anyone recommend any others?

Can anyone recommend any good places for breakfast, lunch & supper.

Also looking for recommendations for hotel in Buffalo.

Iamamother2

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 9:55 pm
Holiday inn is usually decent and hilton is a little nicer. Never heard of montecassino so I wouldn't recommend it. None of these hotels are within walking distance from a shul. Don't know if that's an ussue. Holiday inn and hilton are both not too far if you drive. They are on different ends of toronto. Toronto has a down south community with a bunch of restaurants and up north has a bunch of restaurants. For breakfast there's tov li (down south has a location and up north). There's also Aroma not too far from holiday inn. The only kosher location is near wilson and Bathurst. There's second cup up north. The only kosher location is in sobey's plaza. Lunch u could do tov li if u want milchigs or Howie ts burger bar (both down south and up north location) Nice sit down dinner restaurants are places like Bistro Grande and Marron Bistro. Both are down south on Elington and both are pricey. Cheaper would be Milk n honey on Bathurst. ...its milchig. Or fleishig u could try a great deli called Ben and Izzy on Bathurst or Bali Laffa (down south and up north location) good luck!

Gerbera

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 10:53 pm
Hilton Garden Inn is not in Thornhill. It is a 15-20 minute drive to Thornhill depending on the traffic. I have stayed at several hotels in that area....Residence Inn, Courtyard by Marriott and Aloft. There is also a Novotel nearby. They are all great. As the previous poster said, the Holiday Inn is in a completely diff part of the city. Will you have a car? Are you relying on public transit? There is a hotel in Thornhill in walking distance to shuls and within the eruv if you need. What kind of food do you like? There is kosher food available downtown if you are there and then throughout the city. If you want more info feel free to PM me. It's a big city so you need to figure out where you want to base yourself!

Gerbera

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 10:54 pm
For Buffalo do you want to be near the shul and kosher food or does it not matter?

Eemaof3

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 2:36 pm
What hotel in Thornhill? Need one in a few months.

Gerbera

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 6:40 pm
Liberty Suites at 7191 Yonge Street. It's just north of Yonge and Steeles in Thornhill if you are familiar with the area. It's really brand new.

Gerbera

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 6:42 pm
http://www.expedia.ca/Toronto-.....ation

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 6:48 pm
Thanks for the replies. We are coming for a wedding & will have a car. Was thinking of staying in the Holiday Inn because thats near shul & food. But we can also stay in Thornhill near the wedding hall. Which area do you recommend?

As far as Buffalo would like to leave right after wedding & drive to Buffalo to break up the drive. If possible would like to stay near shul & food.

Gerbera

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 10:44 pm
If the wedding is in Thornhill I would totally not bother staying at the Holiday Inn so far south! Too much traffic to deal with. I would stay in a nicer hotel closer to where the wedding is. Most wedding halls are near the new hotels on Hwy 7 in Vaughan unless it is in a shul. When I say nicer I don't mean pricier it's just that they are mostly new places.

There is a Residence Inn across the street from the Young Israel shul in Buffalo. There is a Tops grocery store nearby with a kosher deli counter and you can get fresh sandwiches , salads and knishes, etc.

Gerbera

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 10:46 pm
http://buffalokosher.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics