Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Feeling like you're about to collapse....

Bitachon101

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 9:13 pm
What in the world are you supposed to do when you feel like you are going to pass out from weakness but you have little kiddies to take care of and nobody around!?!

I was so scared tonight as I must have gotten a bug or something and I was fighting with every ounce of strength to hold onto consciousness while taking care of the kids, giving supper, and putting to bed. The room was spinning and I kept having to sit down and hold onto the table or whatever was nearby. My husband was out of town and I was petrifies what my kiddies would do if I passed out!

BH I didnt in the end but I came close to it too many times.

What in heaven is a mother supposed to do when this happens! I literally had nobody I could call to come over!

It was quite frightening and I'm afraid if I'm not feeling well still tomoro how to manage!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 9:20 pm
If it was truly as bad as you say and you have absolutely NOBODY to call. Then you call hatzalah or 911. If you are about to pass out, you don't risk your babies.

relish

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 9:25 pm
I don't know the ages of your kids, but if any of them are at least three, and you are sitting, I'm sure you can give direction to them to help themselves.
Don't need the most nutritious meals when mommy is not well, as long as they don't go to sleep hungry.
If they go to sleep a bit later, because you are not able to do bedtime so well, let it be. Just relax.
If they will be home tomorrow, please make it a lazy morning.
Read books on the couch, etc.
Your kids need you to recuperate. You need to give yourself the time and relaxation.
Refua shelaima

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 9:47 pm
I'm pregnant now and feel like this quite often... BH my husband is around to help when he can be, but there are plenty of times I lie on the couch while they play - or watch a video...
I struggle to make something for them to eat and put it out for them and go back to lying down. (My youngest is 3, the table might be a mess after but at least they've eaten) and for bedtime I help the youngest into pj's. Or sometimes my 6yo will make a surprise for me and help him out - luckily he loves wearing oversize t-shirts as pj's Wink.
They brush their teeth and I can sit with my kids on their beds for stories and shema, and till they fall asleep.
It's a horrible feeling but I try not to let it get me down (too much) because that just makes it even worse.
Do what you can and lower the standards for the times you just can't do it all.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 9:53 pm
There's a big difference between being tired or sitting on a couch and the kids eating cereal and you fainting. If you are seriously talking about fainting then you a)need medical help - you shouldn't be about to pass out. b)There must be one neighbor who would run over if it were a medical necessity. You should not be alone with the children if you might CH"V pass out. What would they do? Teach them to dial 911 if that ever happens.

jewish613

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 12:04 am
I'm not a doctor but make sure you are well hydrated--drink something with lots if electrolytes. But as another poster said you should probably check with a real doctor if this continues.

Is there someone who can stay on the phone with you even if nobody can come over? If you stop responding, the person on the phone would know to call Hatzalah/911. You may want to leave your door unlocked so they could get in quickly if need be.

Refuah sheleima!!!

seeker

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 1:38 am
If you feel that you're really in danger, call hatzolah.
If you just feel weak, lie down on the couch/floor/whatever is near your kids and just let them entertain themselves while you regain a little strength.
And I second jewish613's advice to get someone on the phone if you feel borderline - not sure if you need hatzolah or just a good rest - let someone know how you're feeling so they can check in with you every few minutes until you feel OK.

Bitachon101

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 2:14 am
I think the solution wouldve been to call someone and stay on phone but had no strength to even think and my kids get cookoo when im on the phone especially close to supper and bed time.
BH it passed. I felt silly calling hatzalah - I just needed to be flat out in bed cuz I felt almost like it was verdigo (based on how ppl describe tho I couldnt be too sure)

but its not the first time I have felt like I need to get into a bed and had nobody to take care of my kids so just pushed myself to the limit.

I look at friends with so many more little kids close in age running a family and work marathon and wonder how they arent collapsing daily and how they manage when they do feel like collapsing. Im sure Im not the only one who gets worn down by end of day.
Ok the other day was extreme - true - but even when it isnt that extreme but still falling over face what do ppl do???

penguin

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 3:07 am
Now it's the summer, but during the year do you have a local Bais Yaakov high school where the girls go to families to do chesed?

Or do any neighbors have a daughter, even age 8 or so?

seeker

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 11:01 pm
Bitachon101 wrote:
I think the solution wouldve been to call someone and stay on phone but had no strength to even think and my kids get cookoo when im on the phone especially close to supper and bed time.
BH it passed. I felt silly calling hatzalah - I just needed to be flat out in bed cuz I felt almost like it was verdigo (based on how ppl describe tho I couldnt be too sure)

but its not the first time I have felt like I need to get into a bed and had nobody to take care of my kids so just pushed myself to the limit.

I look at friends with so many more little kids close in age running a family and work marathon and wonder how they arent collapsing daily and how they manage when they do feel like collapsing. Im sure Im not the only one who gets worn down by end of day.
Ok the other day was extreme - true - but even when it isnt that extreme but still falling over face what do ppl do???

If this happens to you more than very rarely when you aren't sick or pregnant, you should investigate what could be causing this. Do you have low blood pressure, low blood sugar, or something else that might explain this? I would wager that most mothers feel worn down by the end of the day but worn down is NOT the same thing as dizzy, room spinning, about to collapse.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 7:37 am
Can you get a doctor note so dh doesn't have to go OOT if it's from his work?
When pregnant I am very very weak the first months especially since I don't eat and get migraines for days. I've had a few times I fell. Once my husband found me on the floor with the 1,5 year old around me. Before that he thought I always managed to catch myself/avoid getting up/sit down in time but this time the 1,5 yr old kept crying so I went to check on him despite feeling horrible, bad idea. My velt doesn't have chessed girls or anyone working for free, and by the time you'd call them anyway anything could have happened. But random neighbours may be up to helping. For months mine would be "oy what's up are you sick? go home/bed/ring by me if there's any problem", though they didn't know I was expecting Smile

If you cannot stand, tell dh t oput everything on your bed. I don't cook for very long months when pregnant between the nausea, the inability to stand long, the cramps... the kids watch a LOT of videos. We don't choose our bodies. At least bh ours make babies. My mom was in bed for months also, awake from noon to midnight, my dad doing EVERYTHING.

FTR another pregnancy may not be as hard. Mine seem actually to go easier and easier. Or I deal better.

I have low bp, hypoglycemia... but never faint when not pregnant. Bp can get sooo looow when pregnant even though it's counter intuitive.

Bitachon101

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 2:32 pm
Penguin, it's hard to get girls unless you have real tzaros or a clan of lots of kids.
Sometimes I can get a little neighborhood helper here and there but supper time not usually.
BH its not like this most time and my dh usually around then to help if needed. But sometimes he's not.
But when it happens its scary.
And when I'm overtired and head spinning I just need to sleep but can't cuz nobody to watch the kids its a prob too...

And then I see ppl who have it so much harder and just don't get how they manage and I'm such a putz....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics