Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tiredness

Yael

Post Wed, Dec 08 2004, 12:49 pm
I'm looking for a reason why my son is sooo tired all the time.
he just finished being sick and I took him to the doctor who basically told me that he's in perfect health. his ears are fine everything looks good. what could be the reason why he is sooo tired? he wakes up late and takes a nap early. then goes to sleep at night early. he also has a poor appetite. and since he's lost a lot of weight being sick I'm trying to feed him fattening foods, I even make it really sweet so he'll like it and think its a cake and he still wont eat.
any advice?

proudmom

Post Wed, Dec 08 2004, 1:11 pm
Yael, when a person fast they are tired , they have no energy. so the same with him, he hardly eats so he must be tired from a lack of food

Yael

Post Wed, Dec 08 2004, 3:04 pm
does anyone know anything about mono in young children?
he just developed a fever again, so I know there is something wrong.

Tefila

Post Wed, Dec 08 2004, 5:05 pm
Hm, yael why don't you take him to another Dr for sec opinion b/4 thinking it's mono?

proudmom

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 6:39 pm
What happened at the end (if you remember)?

Yael

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 8:08 pm
actually I decided that he was just weak and so hadnt fully recovered from being sick.
so I started to feed him eggs with butter every morning. and pushed fatty foods into him to strengthen him, and B"H it worked.
it was only a cold and flu that he had back then he shouldnt have taken so long to recover. B"H now when he gets sick (and its less often than before) he still looks strong, and gets over it quickly.
I think that month when he was so weak was my most scariest period of time as a parent.

supermom

Post Mon, Apr 25 2005, 12:12 pm
a lot of kids after being sick for a long time tend to be weak from there bodies going through more then usual and just take longer to recover from the after math of being sick. Boruch Hashem he is doing well. thanks for reporting back

BasHashem

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 6:50 am
Yael, when my now 15 yr old was 2 he had mono, the dr was able to tell by touching his spleen, which was swallen. there are other disease connected to swollen spleens and bh it wasnt that. the funny thing is the dr. told me not to expect him to be tired like an adult, when they have mono. I didnt read all the posts, so I am not sure what was suggeted, but you might want to check his iron level. maybe try to cut back on sugar.

good luck
Bassie
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics