Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
LabCorp - 2nd St - Lakewood - are they good?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 7:58 pm
I have to take my child for blood work. This child gets very tense in such situations. In the past, when they had blood drawn it was a disaster. I like that the 2nd st location is open only for appointments on Sunday, I'm hoping we won't have to wait so long, which will cut down on the stress.

I want to know if anyone has any experience there. Are they gentle and patient? I really hope so. They told me the child should drink a lot of water before, that will make it easier. I also got lidocaine cream to numb the arms so it won't be as painful. I just hope that the technicians there are really good.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 10:10 pm
I will b anon for this bec I've told this story Irl , but they mixed up my bloodwork. I was pregnant and they sent the OB results indicating I had a miscarriage a long time before, & ch'v the dead baby was inside... when in reality, b'h my baby was alive and well.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 10:30 am
amother wrote:
I will b anon for this bec I've told this story Irl , but they mixed up my bloodwork. I was pregnant and they sent the OB results indicating I had a miscarriage a long time before, & ch'v the dead baby was inside... when in reality, b'h my baby was alive and well.

That's not very reassuring. It must have been a horrible experience.

Were they at least gentle and patient and nice? I'm really hoping that was just a fluke and such things don't usually happen there. Does anyone else have any experience with them?

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 12:28 pm
I'm sorry it was years ago so I don't recall how they were. I was on vacation when my ob got the results and had to rush back for a checkup and BH my baby was ok.
Wonder who the other woman was who didn't know she had lost her baby.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 10:56 am
In case anyone is ever looking for this info, here is my update. We went this morning, they were very nice and gentle, best part, we were back in the car in 10 minutes. I had entered all the insurance info on line when I booked the appointment, so all I had to do was give the insurance card. We went right into a room, and the really nice technician did it really quickly, before my child had a chance to get too nervous and start pushing her away like usual.

Now I just have to pray they don't mess up the results like by the other poster.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics