Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
HELP, someone read my private emails !!!

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 1:01 am
I use a computer at work (one computer for all workers)
and always sign out
there was a fight going on at work and one workmate confessed to another that she has access to my emails by checking "cookies" how if I sign out of my email acount, did she repeat one line of a very private email exchange I had with someone
she even has a printout of one line of a email exchange MY email
I am 10000% sure that I was signed out, and she admitted that she has a way to go into other peoples emails
ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA HOW SHE COULD HAVE DONE THIS???
(by checking history or cookies,?)
she is otherwise not a very smart person...
and when I check history I still have to put in a password
PLEASE ADVISE

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 1:23 am
If you're signed out, it should not be possible to get into your email via history. As you said, when you try, you still need to enter your password again.

Is there any way in the world she could have your password?!!?

The other possibility I can think of is that on some networks, it is possible for administrators to get into individial email accounts. Is there any way she could be accesing it this way??

Sorry you're going through this--- I know it's such a violation!

ChavieK

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 1:43 am
What diff does it make how she got to your email. A supervisor should know that she did it & action taken. At the very least she shouldn't be allowed on the computer.

silber

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 6:38 am
I'm sorry to hear that, know how it feels, had such a story not long ago,...
was also thinking how she did it but stoped cuz wouldnt wanna do it to anyone else!

Bambamama

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 8:04 am
Sometimes you are prompted whether you want your password saved in the computer after you enter your username. But you would know if this is the case. After you enter your username, does your password automatically pop up for you or do you have to type it again?

A friend of mine once read my private emails, and I felt so violated! I'm sorry this happened to you.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:51 am
maybe she is just teasin' yah.

whatever

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:00 am
Well I know of a software that you can dowload that saves all passwords entered on that computer even though you logged out. Best thing is when you using public computers is to change you passwords often.

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:31 am
none of the above, nothing was ever saved
I know she read my emails
as she has a printout of an email
what the heck?
HOW???????????????????

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:41 am
Is it a work email account, or your own private email account (aol, hotmail, gmail)?

yersp

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:44 am
maybe she pressed the back button? Do you know what I mean? and all the information came up from the previous page.

elkayed

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:44 am
Just change your password every so often..sometimes the passwords can be figured out over time..if she watches you do it..or if its your name or something...

realeez

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 3:20 pm
I am using Mozilla and if you click Tools, options, security there is a button "Show Passwords."

GAMZu

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 12:30 am
mommyabc123 wrote:
I am using Mozilla and if you click Tools, options, security there is a button "Show Passwords."

I checked, and it only had my usernames for all the sites I ever visited. No passwords. And one credit card # from an online order. shock

realeez

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 1:52 pm
GAMZu wrote:
mommyabc123 wrote:

I checked, and it only had my usernames for all the sites I ever visited. No passwords. And one credit card # from an online order. shock

There is another button there to again click "show passwords." Anyways, even if you might have this somehow disabled, the original poster might not have so it is irrelevant.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics