Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
I'm heartbroken my daughter is leaving for seminary

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 6:51 pm
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this. My daughter is my oldest girl and I can't stop crying that she'll be gone a whole year. I don't let her know that I wish she could stay and be a little girl longer. I just feel she's going to mature, grow up (all positive amazing things) and iyh date when she gets back. But in my heart I'm just having the toughest time "letting her go". My oldest so left 3 years ago for yeshiva here in my state, but comes home once a month for shabbos. When he left I cried for 6 days. I know I should look at the positive, that I have a great relationship with my daughter, that she will grow in so many ways, that she gets to live in EY, but my heart just can't do it. Please, any amothers who've sent and survived, please give me chizuk . And yes, iyh, I'll go in the winter to see her, but I can't wrap my heart and head around that she's growing up.

GetReal

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 7:15 pm
Hugs. I cried when I sent my first to preschool, and I get teary just thinking about sending my kids away. I once read that our job as patents is to give our kids roots and wings. We know we did a good job when they're okay on their own. But that doesn't make it any easier.

Let yourself cry. And then focus on how much she is growing, and on the new more mature relationship you'll have with her.[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ez1e2VPsRFw[/youtube]

Imogen

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 6:49 pm
yes cried when my kids left for yeshiva in Israel, passing their empty rooms broke my heart. But to hear their experiences and wonderful memories of life in EY was truly worth it, made them grow, enriched their yiddishkeit and actually deepened our relationship. The saying when you love someone set them free is very true, I feel good parenting is putting your own feelings on the side and enpowering your children to go out in the world and mix/learn/ grow up. Not easy when you are all very close, but very important to do. Now Istart the day with lots of music and activity as all my kids married/at university/yeshiva. and it does get easier, life moves on and B"H to have kids making their own way in the world.

jerusalem613

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 8:19 pm
Look at it like sending your large but dirty diamond for a year long polishing and how you cant wait to get that gorgeous looking beauty back Smile

Plus if she ever needs meals... theres many israelis up here...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children