Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Niagara/Toronto on a budget HELP
Previous  1  2

ayintova

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 2:41 pm
On the way from Toronto to NF, about 15 minutes before you get to NF, there's a city called St. Catharines. There is a city-owned public park about 4 km from the QEW (the highway that you'll be taking). There is a covered picnic pavilion and a small sandy beach. Since it is a small beach, it attracts more of the young family types. There is also an awesome antique carousel that costs 5 cents a ride. My kids still love it even though they are older than yours. Carousel hours are 10am-8pm. The address is 1 Lakeport Road, St. Catharines, L2N 5B3. Close by to the park is a petting farm called Happy Rolph's. It's free. You can google it if you are interested. Have a wonderful time and let me know if you need any other info!

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 10:59 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
What is the number for rabbi salt zman? I am going this week too.

You should come see him at minyan times. He sells attractions then!

Not sure of the number but if you call me I can forward the call. 289.296.4000

Also look on jewishniagara.com

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 11:01 pm
ayintova wrote:
On the way from Toronto to NF, about 15 minutes before you get to NF, there's a city called St. Catharines. There is a city-owned public park about 4 km from the QEW (the highway that you'll be taking). There is a covered picnic pavilion and a small sandy beach. Since it is a small beach, it attracts more of the young family types. There is also an awesome antique carousel that costs 5 cents a ride. My kids still love it even though they are older than yours. Carousel hours are 10am-8pm. The address is 1 Lakeport Road, St. Catharines, L2N 5B3. Close by to the park is a petting farm called Happy Rolph's. It's free. You can google it if you are interested. Have a wonderful time and let me know if you need any other info!

This is the beach at port Dalhousie. It's lovely there

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 12:36 am
andrea levy wrote:
You should come see him at minyan times. He sells attractions then!

Not sure of the number but if you call me I can forward the call. 289.296.4000

Also look on jewishniagara.com

Btw, my mom was by you last week. She said the food was really good, and you were really sweet Smile

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 5:04 am
Niagara Falls is 1 1/2 hrs from Toronto.

I would skip Ripley's it's a waste of money. I would recommend Bird Kingdom or Maid of the Mist. As well, walking around (free!) Niagara on the Lake, a small quaint village nearby is just gorgeous. You can even rent bikes or canoes or kayaks there for fun.
Enjoy!!

full time mom

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 9:39 am
There's the cruise that does trips at night on weekends near fireworks that sound svery interesting! I'm going next week and was wondering if you can take along very young kids (18 mnth) to the cave of winds?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 11:12 am
mommy2b2c wrote:
Btw, my mom was by you last week. She said the food was really good, and you were really sweet Smile

AWWWW! Thanks!

Who was she if you don't mind my asking?!?!?

miri36

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 2:52 pm
full time mom wrote:
There's the cruise that does trips at night on weekends near fireworks that sound svery interesting! I'm going next week and was wondering if you can take along very young kids (18 mnth) to the cave of winds?

I took a 13 month old to Cave of the Winds. Had him in a carrier, made a hole through the poncho for his head, he loved the mist. Didn't go on Thunder Deck with him though.

full time mom

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 3:19 pm
Thank you so much!

full time mom

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 3:48 pm
Thank you ayintova! This is a great idea! I'll be visiting that place either on the way to nf or on the way back!!

joystock

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 5:04 pm
Just had a great trip to Niagara ... thanks to all who gave great tips and suggestions. Andrea, your food was great. Sorry that I didn't meet you.... I met your daughter instead. She said you were out shopping. Oh well!

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 11:22 am
Thanx so much everyone! So Ripleys is out. We are staying by a friend in Toronto, and he said he's about an hour from the falls. If it's longer....... so be it. We are bringing along food in a small fridge in the car. We love doing picnics and bbqs! Does anyone know if there's anywhere about 3 hours from Monsey, on the way to Nigara, where we can stop and either grill or picnic? Maybe a park? We will be there about 7/8:00 at night.
Also, the Maid of the mist and cave of the winds - can I go with a 4 month old?

sky

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 12:47 pm
Depending on how you drive up Watkins Glen and Letchworth State Park can be on the way. They are both gorgeous and could be a trip on their own.
Watkins has a gorge you can walk through and Letchworth has really nice waterfalls. We had a picnic by both.

If you mean you will get to the parks late make sure they will be open that late (probably close by Dusk which is getting closer to 7:00)

Judy

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 12:04 am
On the American side after we did cave of the winds , we took the trolley which was either free or $1 or 2 around the park there it stops in a few places I dont remember exactly maybe it was called sister island? But we walked through a small path and you get right near the water that flows above the falls it was so beautiful to sit there in the rocks and then we continued with the trolley and finished the route, and had a BBQ there was beautiful and inexpensive. And I think the floral clock doesn't cost , it's a nice stop for pictures...there was also a glassblowing place that was free, good luck and enjoy niagara is beautiful and the zaltzmans are really nice ppl.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics