Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Ebates?
1  2  Next

Rebesq

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 11:31 am
Has anyone used Ebates? If be curious to hear your experience. Are you taxed on the money you earn?

smilingmom

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 11:57 am
I use Mr. Rebates, which I think is the same concept.
I have not been taxed.
I checked H&R Blocks Tax Institute website "Cash back or other awards to customers for spending a certain amount of money are not taxable, the Tax Institute says".

By the way I love the program, I have saved a lot of money.

little_mage

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 12:09 pm
I've been using ebates for a while. I've never paid taxes on it, although I suppose if you earned a lot, it should possibly be reported as income. I don't find it super useful, since I tend to start with amazon, and a lot of stuff from amazon isn't eligible, but I like it. My biggest problem is that I forget to go through the site, although it helps that I downloaded their extension, so it'll blink at me.

SorGold

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 12:42 pm
I love it. I use ebates and mr. Rebates as the stores and discounts vary. I prefer ebates as I find it simpler. I have never been taxed. Its not income. Its like using a coupon. You still pay the full amount to the store.
If you sign up through my link, I think they give you and me a sign up bonus.
http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?re.....3D%3D

zigi

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 1:10 pm
side point if you use amazon try amazon smile or goodsearch a percentage of the money goes to the tzedakah of your choice

m+m

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 1:14 pm
smilingmom wrote:
I use Mr. Rebates, which I think is the same concept.
I have not been taxed.
I checked H&R Blocks Tax Institute website "Cash back or other awards to customers for spending a certain amount of money are not taxable, the Tax Institute says".

By the way I love the program, I have saved a lot of money.

I have earned a lot of money through Mr Rebates, in the hundreds.. I buy a lot for my company and they reimburse me.
They know I use it and are ok with me making the extra cash.

They also offer a 20% referral.

bb

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 1:27 pm
topcashback.com gives higher percentage on most stores.

http://www.topcashback.com/ref.....72613

kerem

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 10:40 pm
I've been using ebates since 2007 and it's great! They also have a credit card which offers additional 3% cash back when using it to pay for those purchases you are buying thru their website and 1% cash back on everything else.

Rebesq

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 6:19 am
Thank you all! And I will look into topcashback.

israel22

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 6:32 am
I use ebates and I like it alot! its always fun to get a check in the mail

SorGold

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 9:28 am
I just compared topcash to ebates to mrreabtes on my favorite stores and some were higher and some were lower on each... ebates was highest for some and topcash for some and mrrebates for some...
Also just so you should be aware, the cash back amounts change daily. For example on cyber monday or all throughout December the amounts are usually quite high.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 9:57 am
cashreporter.com compares the cashback sites for any specific site you're shopping at, but ebates is no longer listed on there, so you have to check that separately.

wifeandmore

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:04 am
I love getting my 76 cent check in the mail!

SorGold

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:19 am
wifeandmore wrote:
I love getting my 76 cent check in the mail!

You must not shop online much. I am not a "spender" and have a very modest budget and am getting 50$ soon... A relative who is a big shopper gets in the 100$ range...

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:23 am
Cashreporter.com is a nice website thanks! I did notice and read reviews on topcash and they werent very good. I was considering joining. Ill stick with ebates. They dont have any coupon restrictions like mrrebates does.
Thanks!

wifeandmore

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:33 am
SorGold wrote:
You must not shop online much. I am not a "spender" and have a very modest budget and am getting 50$ soon... A relative who is a big shopper gets in the 100$ range...

Actually I only shop online - $3,000/month prob?
I set up the account, downloaded the plug-in to remind me to go thru ebates. Three months in I added an address for the check to come to.
Then I got my check for 76 cents. Apparently they only started adding purchases from after the address was added. I emailed them because I had thousands in my history.
They told me to email them the invoices and open a new ticket per order because some items aren't eligible.

Ye right.
I just stopped after that.
So they made their percentage on me and I made 76 cents :-)

That's life

SorGold

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:50 am
wifeandmore wrote:
Actually I only shop online - $3,000/month prob?
I set up the account, downloaded the plug-in to remind me to go thru ebates. Three months in I added an address for the check to come to.
Then I got my check for 76 cents. Apparently they only started adding purchases from after the address was added. I emailed them because I had thousands in my history.
They told me to email them the invoices and open a new ticket per order because some items aren't eligible.

Ye right.
I just stopped after that.
So they made their percentage on me and I made 76 cents :-)

That's life

Thats odd. What a shame. I dont know anyone that happened to. Does it say you need to enter your address to finalize registration? I dont remember. I signed up years ago.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 11:12 am
Over the years I've earned almost $1,000 from Ebates. And now there is a choice to get a check (which you have to wait for in the mail) or an instant Amazon gift card. I always take the Amazon gift card.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 11:21 am
I just have it sent to my paypal.

pause

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 11:50 am
Thanks for enlightening me about ebates. I'd never heard of this before, and I do quite a bit of online shopping, especially amazon. I just signed up and hope to earn some money.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics