Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
The ashley madison leak

ven

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 7:11 am
So yesterday anonymous hackers released about 60 gb of user details and linked cc info . Amongst them big company ceo' s, politicians from the US, England,Israel , etc etc. I think this is gonna be huge!! First heads of right wing christian politicians are already rolling.... Curious to see where this will all lead to..

Last edited by ven on Thu, Aug 20 2015, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

studying_torah

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 7:15 am
Along w josh duggar who had two accounts in 2013

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 7:15 am
It will lead to lots of divorces

ven

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 7:27 am
And probably spouses who are glad to discover the truth. I WOULD really want to know if my guy was on that list. Would u ?

b from nj

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 7:38 am
I think the company is Ashley Madison, not Ashley Morgan btw & I to be honest I have no reason to suspect that my husband would be on that list so I am not too worried.

Barbara

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 9:11 am
studying_torah wrote:
Along w josh duggar who had two accounts in 2013

He's not exactly on my list of favorite people.

BUT ...

First, they know someone using his name is on the list. How do they know its him?

Second, hacking is a terrible thing. Releasing private information about people is a terrible thing. It shouldn't make me feel any better that its about someone I dislike.

ven

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 9:16 am
Because the josh account is linked to his personal creditcard and billing info matches. So someone should have stolen both of the guys creditcards with a two year gap in between and had acces to his work mail and postbox, hmm I think rather unlikely. Occams razor u know

Last edited by ven on Thu, Aug 20 2015, 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 9:18 am
Barbara wrote:

BUT ...

First, they know someone using his name is on the list. How do they know its him?

Second, hacking is a terrible thing. Releasing private information about people is a terrible thing. It shouldn't make me feel any better that its about someone I dislike.

I guess it includes not just the name of the customer, but also credit card #s, addresses, etc.

Barbara

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 9:35 am
ven wrote:
Because the josh account is linked to his personal creditcard and billing info matches. So someone should have stolen both of the guys creditcards with a two year gap in between and had acces to his work mail and postbox, hmm I think rather unlikely. Occams razor u know

So its him. I found him despicable before. My opinion doesn't change.

But hacking and releasing personal information is still wrong.

What if it were someone more likable? And what if he had already 'fessed up to his wife, gone to counseling, and was now happily married?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 9:45 am
Barbara wrote:

BUT ...

A reasonable person reviews their credit card statements monthly and would report what they considered a fraudulent charge. They wouldn't let it go on for years.

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

ven

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 9:46 am
Barbara wrote:
So its him. I found him despicable before. My opinion doesn't change.

But hacking and releasing personal information is still wrong.

What if it were someone more likable? And what if he had already 'fessed up to his wife, gone to counseling, and was now happily married?
a lesson on nothing is really private on the internet ??

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 10:34 am
Ven, yes. Lots of other lessons.
FTR there's already a thread about this but it doesn't have AM in the thread title.

ora_43

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 1:24 pm
ven wrote:
a lesson on nothing is really private on the internet ??

And pickpocketing teaches a lesson on carefully storing your valuables. But the people who do it are still doing something extremely wrong.

ora_43

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 1:29 pm
Barbara wrote:

Yes

The victims may not be likeable, but that doesn't make this OK. It's good that cheaters will be exposed to their spouses, but the hacking, public exposure, and shaming is awful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics