Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Amex return protection & purchase protection
1  2  Next

balibusta

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 7:44 am
Do u know if by amex return protection & purchase protection who takes the loss the store or amex? I filed a return protection recently for first time and had the merchant himself call me very very upset about me filing it.. Does that mean the store takes the loss?

ces

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:05 am
Amex, not the store. Did you file a dispute? Then the store takes the loss. Or maybe they called him for confirmation and he didn't understand?

balibusta

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:36 am
I filed return protection not purchase protection.. He was v upset and said I was causing him a loss

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 4:52 pm
Definitely Amex. I don't believe that the store even knows that you filed a claim, because my claims are resolved the same day many times.
Are you sure that you (or the AMEX rep) didn't mistakenly dispute the charge instead of filing for return protection?

redheaded

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 2:53 pm
Bump

Update, does this still stand true?

Store owners can you tell us who takes the loss on Amex return protection?

happy mommy6

Post Sat, Jan 26 2019, 11:14 pm
Following

real

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 2:43 am
I am a store owner and I have taken multiple losses when people try to cheat the system and file a dispute. I am talking thousands of dollars. This is a major chiller Hashem and these people are Theives in my book.

real

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 12:38 pm
amex refunds the money automatically without the Sellers input. They take back their money so the seller has no money or their item to sell, they lose out double. It is a very big way to commit fraud. And yes buyers, you are hurting the sellers every time you do this so think twice when you are playing games with a jewish person's parnassah because you want a little extra money.

Sweet as Pie

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 1:36 pm
real wrote:
amex refunds the money automatically without the Sellers input. They take back their money so the seller has no money or their item to sell, they lose out double. It is a very big way to commit fraud. And yes buyers, you are hurting the sellers every time you do this so think twice when you are playing games with a jewish person's parnassah because you want a little extra money.

I’m not sure about other people’s methods and if they steal or not, but I once had to dispute the charge from a Jewish store after something I bought there got frayed and useless after one wash, something I constantly used and never had issues the other packages. When I went to show them how it must be a company defect and they cud return to company for refund , the owner refused to help and the old lady yelled at me loudly , cursing me out and really embarrassing me publicly. I left the store very embarrassed and decided to file a claim. We’re talking $15
Ftr I had plenty stores who sold me lemons and I accepted it as bashert and took the loss -such as when a fridge/freezer for $1000 was a lemon from day one, plus he gave us a model much less in value and quality than what he showed us. Totally ripped us off. Unfortunately we paid cash and my husband simply signed the papers without inspecting it, since I wasn’t there to inspect it. This taught us a lesson that Jewish stores can be ripoffs too.
Or other times I buy something that breaks right away or similar and I let it go,
So, simply saying that EVERYONE uses it for fraud-it’s not true

real

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 1:43 pm
I didn't say everyone uses it for fraud but there is a big issue nowadays with people using it to scam the system. They feel that its not a jewish company anyway(amex) so they can dispute to their liking but they are missing the fact that amex is taking the money back from the jewish owner and it is stealing. I have a return policy and I have had people not even contact me but just dispute something and then try to buy from me a few months later to do the same thing.It's one thing if you contact the owner and they give you a hard time about returning but it's another thing when you are just trying to get something for free

allcuteonesrtak

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 1:55 pm
Real, are you talking about return protection/ purchase protection or disputing a charge?

real

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 2:04 pm
all three affect the seller

redheaded

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 7:32 pm
real wrote:
all three affect the seller

So here is my story:

I purchased neckties at a Jewish owned store for a wedding. The store has a one day return policy. My sister in Lakewood called me three days later, that she bought matching ties for all the grandchildren.

Now AMEX has a return protection program. If your time is up for returns at the store you purchased, they will accept return for 90 days.

Does the merchant get penalized?

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 7:51 pm
redheaded wrote:
So here is my story:

I purchased neckties at a Jewish owned store for a wedding. The store has a one day return policy. My sister in Lakewood called me three days later, that she bought matching ties for all the grandchildren.

Now AMEX has a return protection program. If your time is up for returns at the store you purchased, they will accept return for 90 days.

Does the merchant get penalized?

I can’t imagine that they do.

mom24.7

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 7:58 pm
Amex return protection states that you have 90 days to return an item if you decide to do so. If stores have a one day return policy or two week etc amex claims they will take the loss. As far as I am concerned amex takes the loss. There is no stealing involved unless you buy with the intention to file a claim.

Sorry real but this is amex's policy. Some local stores don't even have same day money back policies.

meme6

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 8:24 pm
I was in a Jewish store and someone wanted to pay with Amex and she asked if she had a different card lady asked why. She said a story as follows someone came from out of town purchased $400 of items fast forward a week it was over yom tov store was closed and when the store was reopened ahr started going through emails and Amex took out $400 fromnher account for a purchase cause she didn’t respond to an email within 12-24 hours the person from out of town decided she wanted to return a dress after returns were allowed and she got back her whole money for the whole purchase while the vendor lost it all. It was actually quite bogus the customers story

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 9:11 pm
meme6 wrote:
I was in a Jewish store and someone wanted to pay with Amex and she asked if she had a different card lady asked why. She said a story as follows someone came from out of town purchased $400 of items fast forward a week it was over yom tov store was closed and when the store was reopened ahr started going through emails and Amex took out $400 fromnher account for a purchase cause she didn’t respond to an email within 12-24 hours the person from out of town decided she wanted to return a dress after returns were allowed and she got back her whole money for the whole purchase while the vendor lost it all. It was actually quite bogus the customers story

Wow.
Did this happen recently?
I know that several years ago when I asked Amex if the store takes the loss, they told me no.
If things change, the I wouldn't use this benefit if the store is taking the loss.

meme6

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 9:31 pm
cnc wrote:
Wow.
Did this happen recently?
I know that several years ago when I asked Amex if the store takes the loss, they told me no.
If things change, the I wouldn't use this benefit if the store is taking the loss.

Yes in October

redheaded

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:58 pm
Please, can a store owner tell me if the store get penalized if I return my neckties to AMEX through return protection.

boat

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 6:10 pm
redheaded wrote:
Please, can a store owner tell me if the store get penalized if I return my neckties to AMEX through return protection.

Call the store and ask directly.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics