Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Baby wipes-sleek sensations

smile1818

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 11:54 am
I found this baby wipes brand "sleek sensations" that claims to be good on shabbos. They have a certification on their website from 3 Rabbis.
does anyone know what makes them different than regular wipes?
for those who have used it, do they clean the baby well?
I'd really rather not squeeze out regular wipes as my Rav suggested because I don't think it will be very sanitary after.
So, for those who have used it, did your baby react well to it....meaning, did they get a rash etc. they claim to be sensitive to the skin.....

GoodnDear

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 12:11 pm
I've used them, they are very good for babies but you need to use double the amount of wipes you would from a reg company.

miami85

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 6:38 pm
I'm not certain about this, but if I had to guess, the wiped aren't pockets like regular wipes, its holes and very thin, the liquid seems to be on the wipe rather than absorbed in the wipe so I think its not squeezing the liquid. All I know is that they have been life savers. I know some people who are very makpid on halacha that use them.

FTR--I've gotten some cheap generic wipes and they seem to be the same thing. I know some people who use Kirkland wipes on Shabbos--I think they are the same thing.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 7:02 pm
I use it all the time, not just Shabbos, or whatever I find for the cheapest. They're nowhere close to Pampers in thickness, but they do the job.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 9:55 pm
My rov says it's ok to use synthetic wipes on Shabbos. Maybe thats what they are.

Fave

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 10:22 pm
They're ok for Shabbos- does the job but takes longer and need to use double the amount of wipes.

I would only use it because of Halacha and not because it's cheaper. It's not cost effective because you end up using more

mommy34

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 10:54 pm
I've been using them for a while on shabbos and they definitely get the job done. I think they are made of synthetic fiber and therefore do not absorb. FYI, you need to peel off the label attached to the sticker that opens and closes before shabbos!! I never noticed it till recently, otherwise you are forming words and taking them apart every time you open and close it.

Smile1234

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 4:01 am
I actually found that they smelled bad... and when you leave the package open/ one wipe sticking out they turn colors...

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 4:05 am
I spritz my baby with water before wiping with the cheapest wipes or tissues on shabbos. I'm wiping up the water, not squeezing out. When a package gets left open, I save it for shabbos. I find sprit zing makes wiping easier and quicker.

Miri1

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 7:56 am
I use California Baby diaper spray available at target, and wipe her with tissues. one bottle lasts a long time. water and tissues didnt work for is, but the diaper spray does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics