Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Something sweet by miriam pascal

yo'ma

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 8:18 pm
I bought the book for my daughter today because she likes to bake. I didn't even give it to her yet Smile because she's away in school, but my ds5 and I looked through it. His reaction throughout the book was, yum, yum and he tried to eat the book Smile . My reaction is, WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Absolutely beautiful and a variety of the usual and not.

shlomki

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 11:55 pm
Anyone else bought and like? I love dessert recipes and would love to know if it's worth buying

ray family

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 12:20 am
I haven't seen the book yet.
are the the recipes filled w/ marg. and rich's whip etc?

Smile1234

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 3:58 am
ray family wrote:

And tofutti cream cheese?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 6:55 am
I'll check later on about the margarine and tofutti. I don't care about margarine because I usually sub oil for it anyway when possible.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 7:25 am
ray family wrote:

I didn't check through the whole book about margarine, but where it's called for, she tells you about subbing it for oil.

I skimmed through about the whip and by page 84, I think I found 1 or 2 with it.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 7:28 am
Smile1234 wrote:
And tofutti cream cheese?

Also by page 84, not looking through the whole book now, the only time tofutti cream cheese was listed was when cream cheese was, so it was for pareve.
There are almost 200 pages, including pictures Wink of recipes.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 8:06 am
I have her book - great cookbook - many of her recipes are oil based. She knows her followers constantly ask for oil-based recipes - she has a great chocolate chip cookie recipe with oil, many of her cookies and cakes are oil based. some recipes have toffuti cram cheese - but that is necessary for texture - in ice cream, frostings and dense cakes. I have made numerous recipes from the cookbook and they were all delicious
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics