Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job interviewing/hunting is like dating :(

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 5:42 am
Waiting by the phone. Being let down gently. Or not being called back at all.
I just cant take it anymore.
I have had quite a few interviews in the past fwe months and they say they will get back to me with in the next few days. Im still waiting Sad
Why do they say that if they dont mean it? Ive had two interviews where I thought they went really well but then nothing.
I hate this. I cant take it anymore Sad
I just want a job.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 6:36 am
Good analogy.

Are you sending follow up notes after your interviews?

Are you speaking to knowledgeable people about your field, and how to present yourself to best advantage?

May you find the right match, soon!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 6:39 am
imasinger wrote:
Good analogy.

Are you sending follow up notes after your interviews?

Are you speaking to knowledgeable people about your field, and how to present yourself to best advantage?

May you find the right match, soon!
I have sent some follow up notes and some not. I have heard back from places that I have sent nothing and not heard back from places that I have, so there is no corect way.

As for my field? Is office jobs. There is no field, its just finding actual work. Thats all. Nobody to really talk to.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 7:28 am
I really feel for you as I went through this myself for more then a half year . Just want to tell you that you shouldn't give up and you'll find something sooner or later , I know it's painful . Think of the jobs that aren't accepting you that it's not meant to be and maybe you would've hate it or other unpleasant things .
In the meantime , just keep going .
Loads of luck

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 4:12 am
amother wrote:
I really feel for you as I went through this myself for more then a half year . Just want to tell you that you shouldn't give up and you'll find something sooner or later , I know it's painful . Think of the jobs that aren't accepting you that it's not meant to be and maybe you would've hate it or other unpleasant things .
In the meantime , just keep going .
Loads of luck
I know I will find something eventually. I mean, I finally found my husband after about 75 guys or so Sad took years, so I guess I will find something, but it will take forever.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 8:26 am
Have you considered calling them back A) to thank them for giving you an opportunity for an interview,
and B) to find out what your application status is? You won't know if they have chose someone else
who is more qualified/suitable, or they like you but the person who make decision has not had a chance to
review, or whatever. Take an initiative, the worst thing that can happen is to get rejected (in which case you should ask if there are specific issues that led to the decision, or if the interviewer felt there was specific weak point that you can improve on.)

For future reference, my advice is to ask for what to expect in terms of process toward the end of the interview. You may want to find out if they’re still interviewing other candidates, how soon you should expect to hear from them, and if there are other people who will be interviewing you.

Good analogy. Wishing you much success finding a 'beshert'!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 6:57 am
And Im still "dating". I have not found a job yet. It is getting very depressing. After each interview I get my hopes up after some. And then nothing. And some even say "we will let you know either way" and then they never do. I had three interviews in the past two weeks. Im still waiting. I mean, Im not waiting anymore, I know I was not picked for those jobs, but then dont tell me you will let me know. How completely annoying and upsetting.
I feel like I am going to be job searching until Im 75 Sad

miami85

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 7:11 am
I can totally relate

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 8:47 am
I also lost my job and am going for interviews I get so nervous before that I'm never able to act myself. It's so degrading! Def not like dating
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics