Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Will I ever get to sleep?

rdmom

Post Sun, Oct 04 2015, 2:43 am
I am only home for the second days. Got home on motzei shabbos with a mountain of laundry. And I still have to cook for second days. Some stuff are in the freezer from before yom tov but I still want to do more.

Am I crazy? I am up now and it is 5:40 am, making extras while my wash machine is just going non stop. I could go to sleep but I love to cook. I am having some guest but not for all meals. My mom offered to give me some food but I declined. She makes the same things over and over again and after eating it for the first days, I want a change. So that is why I am still up. Hubby will appreciate it in the long run. But not too much. As long as there is food on the table, he doesn't care. But my kids definitely will appreciate it way more. They like dofferent foods and stuff. So I am doing it more for them. And the satisfaction that I get.

So yes I will be overtired tomorrow. But in my eyes, so worth it. And I know I am crazy.

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 04 2015, 10:40 am
rdmom wrote:
So I am doing it more for them.

martyr much?

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 04 2015, 11:01 am
Well, you say in your eyes it's worth it. I might make a different choice but if that's how you feel, fine. Hope you find time for some good naps today and over yomtov.

And why are you running so much laundry? You're not supposed to do laundry on chol hamoed except what's really needed for yomtov. Unless you have 20 kids that should be maybe 1-2 loads. If you were away until now then your linens are still as clean as they were before, and you only need 2 days' worth of yomtov clothes and underwear to get you through the next few days. I just tossed in one load of socks/undies and one load of yomtov clothes, granted I have a small family but the machine was far from full.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics