Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Post Baby Diet Group
1  2  Next

five2ten

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 11:19 am
Who would like to join?

This is for moms who have 5-25 lbs to lose after having a baby (less than a year) and want to get back to themselves. This is not for those who struggle with weight and food issues otherwise.

NO ONE is allowed to say "You're not fat" or "You don't need to lose weight" to someone who has a closet full of size 2 clothes and needs to lose 10lbs to wear them properly. Everyone has a right to be themselves.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 4:12 pm
I would love to join!
I am desperate to get back to my pre pregnant figure asap!!!

Any ideas of healthy meals to eat while breastfeeding a 2 month old??

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 4:17 pm
I'm joining as well. Baby is 7 weeks old and I have 20 lbs to lose!

Need ideas of healthy meals I can eat, I'm off wheat because of my baby not taking it well.....

Can we do a weekly logging of the weigh loss?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 6:20 pm
I want to join!
15 pounds to lose Sad
baby is 4 months old
exclusively bf and pumping

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 6:57 pm
I'm in!

Baby is 3 months and I have 2-3lbs to get to pre-this-pregnancy weight (it all fell off in the first 2 weeks without effort but my pattern seems to be to lose all the weight except a feel stubborn lbs really fast then the last ones take work) and a total of about 10-12 to lose to get to my ideal weight, where I look and feel my best.
I just started doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (it's free on YouTube). Dieting is harder for me since I'm always starving when EBF.

My goal is to just try and be more careful about my food choices to fuel my body with quality energy and to exercise so that I can feel like my old strong self. I went into this pregnancy less fit than usual and now I really want to invest some time in myself and my health Smile

Last edited by amother on Sun, Oct 11 2015, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 7:00 pm
five2ten wrote:
Who would like to join?

This is for moms who have 5-25 lbs to lose after having a baby (less than a year) and want to get back to themselves. This is not for those who struggle with weight and food issues otherwise.

NO ONE is allowed to say "You're not fat" or "You don't need to lose weight" to someone who has a closet full of size 2 clothes and needs to lose 10lbs to wear them properly. Everyone has a right to be themselves.

Thank you finally someone that understands me.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 7:16 pm
My baby is just about a year...can I join? I was a size 4 as a girl when preg. I carry out I hardly fell my baby really! ( ppl would comment: you have a shelve in front of you! Or: your haveing twins, triplets?or : your in you're 10th month??!!! I was in my 6-7 month) after my first two children I was back to my size within weeks. Now somehow I'm struggling a lot. My body is back however I still have that stomic that makes me look preg.!!! Diet did a lot for me as did exercise, except that I still have that stomic. So would love too hear tips of anyone that had this.

TIN

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 8:14 pm
Me, me, me! My baby is almost 4 months old and I still have more than 15 lbs to lose. Exclusively formula feeding. With my others I lost almost all my weight within 3 weeks of giving birth. This time it just isn't happening Sad
Yom tov made eating healthy almost impossible, and I haven't exercised in weeks.

I'd love to do a weekly "weigh-in" if that sounds good for everyone.

Current weight: 152
Goal weight: 135
Dream weight: 125 (a girl can dream, right Very Happy)

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 8:20 pm
Me! Baby 6 weeks old.
Currently 150 goal is between 125 and 130
Can't really exercise yet and I'm exclusively nursing so no idea how to diet. Help!

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 9:46 pm
So now that we are all in the same shoe, and need to lose, can anyone share some tips of what helps them?
I've always had a nice figure and never in my life had to diet...
Guess this comes along with the package of motherhood bh!!

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
Me! Baby 6 weeks old.
Currently 150 goal is between 125 and 130
Can't really exercise yet and I'm exclusively nursing so no idea how to diet. Help!

Dieting and nursing are not mutually exclusive. You just have to make good choices.
Foods to choose: fruits and veggies (if baby can handle), whole grains, nuts in moderation (almonds helped increase my milk, I think), lean protein especially fish (but not too much fish!), low fat dairy in moderation
Foods to avoid: sugary, processed foods; foods high in sat fat (takeout, chips, pizza...)

You can (and should!) eat enough for you and your baby. Snack on good-for-you items such as hummus and peppers or turkey and lettuce instead of cookies, chocolate, candy and cakes, and you are one step ahead.
Don't let nursing be an excuse for you to let your guard down.
Also, ask your doctor if you can start a light exercise program such as walking, or postnatal Pilates/yoga. This way you can tone as well as get the emotional and psychological benefits of exercise (ie feelings of positivity, invigoration, as well as a toned and flexible body)

This is what is working for me so far.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 10:14 pm
Me! Baby is 4 months old.

I've been to scared to step on the scale so far so I'm not sure how much I need to loss. I'm guessing around 15 pounds Sad.

By my last child what helped the last few pounds come off was walking. I went out a lot and would walk everywhere with the baby (no car unless it was really really far)That way I also kept busy and wasn't at home with the baby all day and snacking... Now b'h life is even busier so my time is more limited, but I'm going to try to walk to playgroup everyday to pick up and drop of dc (which will equal an hour of walking a day)

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 10:31 pm
My baby is 9 months old. I just stopped nursing, and have about 10-12 lbs to lose from my other pregnancies and this one combined. Its so hard for me. Ugh. I was a size 2 and now am a full size 6-8.

I tried the gym, and even eating right, but its so hard for me. I always ate whatever I wanted and snacked and now I really have to be perfect or I don't lose an ounce.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 11:31 pm
I am finally going to get myself going with the careful eating (don't like calling it a diet...)

I am planning on making a filling, nutritious hearty soup tomorrow with lots of veggies maybe some beans and a bit of barley that I can easily warm up and have for lunch during the day, all week long. I'm boiling some eggs to be able to peel (and salt&pepper them so I can leave them unpeeled in the fridge) and grab a couple with a banana to have breakfast on the go while driving older DC to school. Dinner will be an appropriately sized serving of whatever I am making for the family but with a big helping of salad. And no more after dinner snacks! (Ehem the carton of ice cream that beckons nightly)

Snacks- some of my ideas:
yogurt with frozen blueberries
Cheese stick and whole grain crackers and a Kirby
Some almonds and a fruit
Peanut butter (all natural no sugar or salt) and a sliced apple

My biggest problem, aside from exercise (or lack thereof which I am fixing bli neder) is not planning what and when I eat and then I get stuck hungy and out without something and picking up a not so healthy optio on the run- I need to prepare myself snacks when I am making lunch boxes the night before.

twogees

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 2:08 pm
I'm in. Baby is 5 months now and I would love to loose about 35-40 lbs if not a bit more but have been unsuccessful in what I have attempted. any ideas would be very helpful.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 12:18 am
I forgot to weigh in on sunday, but im doing it now.

Start weight: 152
Current weight: 147
Goal weight: 135

Wow! 5 pounds in 10 days. I am not expecting that at all on a weekly basis. That was probably all the excess weight from yom tov eating coming off.

Anyone else have an update?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 1:39 am
My baby is 3 months old. I have all the intentions but life is extremely hectic here with my husband being out injured in the hospital/rehab. It's gonna take a while till everything settles. Meanwhile dieting isn't happening mainly for the lack of time to prepare food. I have 30-40 lbs to lose.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Sep 28 2019, 10:59 pm
My baby is 4 weeks old and I still have a nice 17 pounds to loose.
Do you think it will come off naturally?
It is so frustrating.

I am nursing.
What should I eat? What should I not eat?
In general I eat healthy....

sweet3

Post Sat, Sep 28 2019, 11:18 pm
My baby is 9 weeks. I have 5 lbs to lose. I know I need exercise to get it off but I don't seem to have the energy to do it and im eating wrong from exhaustion. Any advice?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Sep 28 2019, 11:48 pm
My baby is 3 months old. He is just bottle fed. I would like to lose abt 15 pounds. Its mixture of no time, in school full time and not sure what to to eat to feel satisfied. Any tips or advice?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise