Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Big Deadline, need to pull an all-niter, any tips?

mimivan

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 6:01 am
I am working from home, have a big deadline, shabbos to prepare for, and I NEED to pull an all-nighter. I am terrible at pulling all-nighters, but there is no other way. Coffee actually makes me tired, plus I am nursing (the nursing also makes it difficult to stay awake). How do you ladies stay awake when you need to? exercise? cold showers? frequent breaks? Confused or other measures... Banging head

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 6:11 am
Develope a mantra...: "I need the money, I need the money, I need the money, I need the money, I need the money, I need the money"

mimivan

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 6:22 am
LOL LOL

justanothermother

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 6:38 am

Last edited by justanothermother on Sun, Mar 02 2008, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

technic

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 7:09 am
soup can b made from frozen veggies Very Happy

queen

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 7:42 am
fast paced music..... and as loud as posible w/o waking up family!!!!

Helani

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 8:33 am
Bright lights where you're working, keep on drinking and eating but stick to healthy foods, take breaks to move around when you feel sleepy, and if you can find somebody else to keep you company even better.

workingallthetime

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 1:26 pm
Justanother - you have my shabbos menu down exactly!!!

OP - if you see you are too tired to get anything done, how about a quick nap rather than staying up and fighting the sleep without being able to accomplish much - hopefully that can recharge you.

luck!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 2:24 pm
I'm a yekke, nothing deters me from doing things early!

mimivan

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 10:06 pm
Chocoloate Moose: Great Idea! How can I become a yekke too?
And thanks everyone for your tips on how to stay up. They really helped for a while, but then I fell asleep at my keyboard after nodding off while typing for a lot of the night. I woke up with a sore neck at 4 am and saw that I had written the following in the middle of my fascinating article about fireplace grates:

You can find cast iron fireplace grates and I don't know where it is the blue one look for it

shock LOL
I kid you not, I was typing and dreaming at the same time.
So, I'm not going to finish this until after Shabbos...I'll talk to my boss. Iy'h it will be okay.
I can stay up, but not when I've been getting only 4 hours of sleep the last 3 nights in a row. I can pull an allnighter after a previous good night's sleep.
But I will try that short Shabbos menu!

greenfire

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 11:19 pm
Helani wrote:
Bright lights where you're working, keep on drinking and eating but stick to healthy foods, take breaks to move around when you feel sleepy, and if you can find somebody else to keep you company even better.

I think drinking actually makes you sleepy Drunken Smile Drunken Smile but it sounds like FUN

as far as the menu being short ... wow ... what do you make regularly ... that already sounded like quite a bit ...

mimivan

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 11:38 pm
Helani wrote:

I had someone to keep my company....Baby Yosef!! But he wanted to nurse and that made me very sleepy...

justanothermother

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 11:41 pm

Last edited by justanothermother on Sun, Mar 02 2008, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 10:31 am
not everyone can pull all nighters, specially as we age....but mimivan, maybe it's not in you to be a yekke.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics