Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Support group in London for parents of ADHD child?

penikay

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 3:31 am
I have an 10 year old girl with ADHD, I feel I am very much on my own with this. For a few reasons: 1. The school is not helpful (they don't even know what ADHD is...) 2. It seems like its a taboo here so I can't even talk about it. 3. Even on this forum I only hear of cases of boys with ADHD.
Its getting more difficult as she grows and is very stubbern and set in her ways. Every morning she leaves after screaming and crying (I am so embaressed from my neighbors by now they probably think/know our child is very problematic or we are problematic....) Anyway I feel I really need some gudince but have no idea where to start...

myself

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:51 pm
The school don't even know about ADHD? shock Huh?!? There are so many kids with behavioural issues around, don't they have a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO)?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)