Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Do you have flowers for Shabbos?
Previous  1  2

Do you buy fresh flowers for Shabbos?
Every week  
 28%  [ 17 ]
Occasionally  
 40%  [ 24 ]
No  
 31%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 60

Mishie

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 3:37 am
Personally, I feel that buying flowers every week is a little bit of a waste. Just because they don't last more than a couple of days... (Also, My DH is VERY allergic, and whenever we have fresh flowers for Shabbos, he ends up sneezing non-stop the entire Shabbos...)

I prefer not to have flowers for a couple of weeks and then buy a nice plant or a nice Silk-Flower Arrangement.

But, there are always those who do appreciate having a fresh bouquet of flowers every Shabbos. They ARE very pretty on the first day or two, I must say.

hadasa

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 4:11 am
We did for the first year or so, but eventually I just stopped appreciating the flowers that stood for a day or so every week. Now my husband buys flowers just for Yom Tov, and that makes it more special.

silber

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 6:17 am
for those with allergy problems, I buy every shavuot stunning non real flowers, and have them all year round!!!

Marion

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 7:43 am
For the first year we did. Now money's tighter, and it's not as convenient for DH to pick them up, so usually only once a month. Next year we probably won't at all (shmitta).

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 11:28 am
My husband tries to get every Shabbos, but it doesn't always happen.
We live in a frum community (B'klyn), so there are non jews on Fridays on the street corners selling them for $5-10 a bouquet.

Pickle Lady

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 4:29 pm
my husband buys them every shabbos. they sell them on the corner here for $3-5 for a small batch.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 4:56 pm
Flowers - I just love them ... I used to always buy flowers even as a single working girl ... the beautiful ones at the posh manhattan stores ... I couldn't resist ... I knew all the names and would make my own bouqet - and if I went somewhere for shabbos I brought flowers often ... I especially love buying my mother flowers.

When I got married h bought me a flower ... or picked a flower everyweek ... we got the ocassional bouqet as well ... but what I looked forward to was always a little note attached that was different every week and was always sweet.

Now I buy usually for yom tov ... or pick my lillies from the back or get from a neighbor ... but what I really love is the unbelievable scent that lilacs bring as they fill the air with its intoxicating aroma Flower Flower Flower
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note