Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Juggling great customer service and not being a shmatta

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 1:33 pm
I have a service based business. Recently I had situations where I went above and beyond, bent the rules, made exceptions, basically helped clients get exactly what they needed. And they all ended badly. It became if you bent that rule bend this one too, why can you do that and not this, give me this and that and also that. Eventually I said really nicely that the time was up and that was all I was offering and either they need to pay more for any extra services or the job is finished, which it was. And they all lashed out and reacted like I was the most money hungry, inconsiderate person on this planet.

So my question is, how do I go above and beyond without the customer expecting me to turn into their personal slave? And why is it that no one appreciates someone who goes out of their way for them? Ok maybe not no one but it feels like too many people.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 1:36 pm
Unfortunately, I have had experience that non jewish customers are more appreciative then frum customers...though I'm not sure what your clientele is...this was my experience time and time again...it's sad.

singleagain

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 1:39 pm
I totally understand your want to go above and beyond for your clients, but it seems like it's just not possible. sometimes, you have to stick to your limits and not bend the rules at all. if you give a bit more of an idea of what you do, it might be easier to come up with some policies that will help.

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 1:41 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Unfortunately, I have had experience that non jewish customers are more appreciative then frum customers...though I'm not sure what your clientele is...this was my experience time and time again...it's sad.

I know someone else in a business and people constantly beg for discounts or extras. Sometimes you just have to be firm, stand strong and say no. Claim you are "in demand enough" to not be able to do it "rush" or whatever "favor" they asked. If you contract with companies, explain it is part of your contract to not allow it.
But most of all, stand firm!!

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 7:41 pm
Great customer service is about relationships. Go for quality, not quantity. Don't do more, do it with more heart. If you want offer extra services, either include it in your base package/pricing, or make it an extra add-on for a fee. You're sweet, kind, understanding, but also professional.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics