Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pinworms...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 8:15 am
Do pinworms die after they exit the body? I'm freaking out that I may have noticed a dead pinworm on my baby's rear.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 8:24 am
If your kid has pinworms get the OTC medication, treat the entire family. Especially kids.
Wash everything (linen, duvet, blanket, pillow, towels, pjs, underwear) in HOT wash.
Shower the kids off very well and repeat 2 weeks later.

November

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 9:04 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
If your kid has pinworms get the OTC medication, treat the entire family. Especially kids.
Wash everything (linen, duvet, blanket, pillow, towels, pjs, underwear) in HOT wash.
Shower the kids off very well and repeat 2 weeks later.

This!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 9:09 am
I'm unsure if what I saw was a worm. That's why I'm asking if it's possible I saw a dead one. Don't want to give med if unnecessary.

November

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 9:17 am
To my knowledge, what you see would be alive but thankfully I never had firsthand experience with this. From what I understand, they are alive in the gut and then come out. Have you consulted your pediatrician yet and explained what you saw? That would be a first step. And of course keep checking.

tweety1

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 5:19 pm
It's doesn't sound like pinworms. Pinworms are live. The kid would be screaching away cuz they're horribly itchy especially at night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics