Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
The never ending story....

blueberries

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 4:56 pm
It was in the year of 1776 on a cold winter night.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 5:04 pm
Haym Salomon had just given Geo Washington the money that was needed to fight the war against the British. Haym had a long day and went out to see if there was any place he could get a CY hot chocolate.

sequoia

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 5:36 pm
He met his friend Dina Lopez. "How are you and your family?" "We are very upset! My sister Eva is engaged to a loyalist!"

blueberries

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 8:25 pm
Oy! Let go to the Rabbi to discuss it. I will bring my husband along.

sourstix

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 8:53 pm
are you ladies for real? this is just making me laugh.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 10:01 pm
Haym stiffened. While Dina was a very honest and warm-hearted person, her husband, unfortunately, was of a rather peculiar and disingenuous sort. However, upon witnessing how flustered poor Dina was, he agreed to accompany the disparate couple.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 11:53 pm
Oy thought Haym, what did Dina ever see in that man and now a loyalist in the family! Will this day ever end? First that Washington guy with the linty wig and wooden teeth and now this.

penguin

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 12:26 am
Quote:
Oy thought Haym, what did Dina ever see in that man and now a loyalist in the family! Will this day ever end? First that Washington guy with the linty wig and wooden teeth and now this.
ROTFL!

[I hope Etka Gittel is around. She can do the research for any of us without enough background info.]

There weren't a lot of choices for a hot chocolate, but he would certainly not drink tea. No, not he.

sequoia

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 12:36 am
Just then the beautiful Gracia Goldberg came into the pub. "Dina," she said, "I have an urgent message for you."

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 10:45 am
Gracia went on to say that because of the war, all the horses had been commandeered for the fighting forces. The sheitel macher had no palomino hair for her new wig. An immediate decision had to be made, long reddish highland cattle or plain drab gray old mare. Dina was beside herself and started weeping. Her husband sat stoically in the corner while Haym slept quietly next to him, a bit of spittle dripping down his chin.

MitzadSheini

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 8:17 am
Six months later, the sheitel was finished. It was stripey, cattle add old mare. Dina tried it on. It was beautiful.

pbandjelly

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 8:38 am
Dina happily walked home, eager to show her husband her new 'do'. But alas, her husband was nowhere to be found and Haym was standing in the garden with a forlorn look on his face.

ahuva06

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 8:55 am
As soon as Haym saw Dina he immediately cheered up and flashed her a smile.
Disgusting! The neighbor thought, he must be cheating!!

Goldie613

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 9:46 am
(Figured I'd see if I could resurrect this old thread :-) )

Dina - I have the answer to the problem with Eva! I need a shidduch, and you don't like her shidduch, so what do you say? Do you want to play shadchan for us?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics