Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Need Organizing Tips!

avigayil

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 9:56 pm
Hello Ladies!

I am in dire need of organizing advice.
It seems as though every time I have a system down pact, something happens and everything gets out of whack.
I am sure that it is NOT impossible to run an efficient home with an active 1 year old.
Can anyone share stories-advice?

gryp

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 10:29 pm
what specifically is the biggest problems?
what types of things get unorganized the fastest?

it helps me to have a kind of schedule- each day of the week I make sure something else gets done.
also, I am always tidying. so when it comes time to clean, I dont have a huge task ahead of me. when you tidy constantly, you never really have huge piles to deal with.
everything in your house must have its own specific place where it belongs so when you see it lying around, you know exactly where to put it.

I also live in a tiny apartment, so I dont have too many places to leave things lying around, and when one thing is left around, the whole place looks messy, which is also why I have to constantly tidy.

Sunshine

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 10:34 pm
I find that by gathering things up at the end of the day for 5-10 min it makes it easier to deal with. If not it piles up and at the end of the week when it needs to be clean for Shabbos it is a disaster and so much harder to do.

stem

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 11:02 pm
RG, do you mind posting your weekly schedule? Does anyone else have a schedule that they can share?

Tefila

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 11:48 pm
I live w/h lists and tick off as I go along it is hung up on my refrigerator and in my bedroom (don't ask why)
e.g.

Sun: vacume main floor, mop kitchen, do dishes, do touch up sewing, water plants. Bath kids, Laundry white load wash and fold, go out on trip. Lunch: Pizza, Supper: Shabbos leftovers etc, sweep floor each time.

Mon:Irioning, colored wash and fold, Supper: Lasagna or dairy something else and dishes, bath kids etc mop floors do bathrooms etc

Hope u get the drift this really helps me, and whatever I can't do my kids or husband does but usually the list always gets done!

Oh I have a Hazard emergency closet that if somone walks in unexpected everything well almost gets shoved in there, it's a big closet let me tell u Twisted Evil . Oh woe to the person who opens that closet door, everything comes topppling out LOL

lucky

Post Fri, May 06 2005, 6:19 am
I write all the things to be done on individual Post-it notes. Ipaste them on the door. I love it when u can actually see the work getting done.

yesterday I had

take things to storage
water plants
iron shirts

this way my kids dont feel overwhelmed by their chores 'cause it is broken down into bits and pieces.
I add notes during the day as needed.

supermom

Post Sat, May 07 2005, 4:12 pm
yael once posted something very good if you have a digital camera take a picture of your once mess and then clean it and see your results how much you cleaned on your camera. you will feel good and so will your husband.

what I do with all my clothing I put away all my kids clothing away for storage and only kept out five pieces of clothing. less wash less mess. less headache.

Tefila

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 1:40 am
Quote:
what I do with all my clothing I put away all my kids clothing away for storage and only kept out five pieces of clothing. less wash less mess. less headache

Ditto there 8)

Tila

Post Tue, May 31 2005, 3:05 pm
Go to flylady.com She has an amazing book called sink reflections. It works!

RedVines

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 12:50 am
Wow Freilich that is a great idea! It actually helped me...I am very much a list person. Let me ask you (or anyone) now that it is summer I am not teaching so I am home with my 15 month old and my 3 1/2 yr old. I want to make the best of it. So any tips on balancing both housework and "entertainment" so everyone is happy? I could spend all day either playing or cleaning. I need more structure.

My tip for organizing: Sunday I make my Menu list (including shabbos)and then my grocery lists so I wont have to run out during the week. Then grocery shopping Mon or Tues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics