Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Did all of your children reach milestones at the same time?

baschabad

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 12:10 pm
So far, all of my kids crawl at around the same time, (starting with forward dragging before progressing to hands and knees) and also start walking at the same time.

Is it genetic? Or is our lifestyle a factor in determining when they learn to do new things?

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 12:14 pm
Crawling- 6-7 months
Walking 11-14 months
Talking 13-20 months
Potty trained 2.2 - 3 3\4 years
Deliciously cute from day one

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 12:18 pm
My kids all started talking early, just around a year.
Each started walking at a different age. My older walked at 10 months, my second started at about a year, but wasn't steady for a few months, and my third was walking at right around a year.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 12:20 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
My kids all started talking early, just around a year.
Each started walking at a different age. My older walked at 10 months, my second started at about a year, but wasn't steady for a few months, and my third was walking at right around a year.

my oldest trained at 3 but only for a few days, and then again at around 3.5 my second and third both trained at around 3

myself

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 12:20 pm
Each at their own pace.

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 12:23 pm
I don't think either one. My kids reached milestones at different ages. I had one who talked before a year but didn't walk until 18 months, another who walked at a year but didn't talk until 16 months. One who walked and talked before a year, and one who at 18 months is not walking or talking.

Same genetics, same lifestyle. Who knows?

vicki

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 12:31 pm
My kids did not reach milestones at the same time but all k"h within the normal range.
One was talking by a year - stating very clearly "My ear hurts."
Others talked closer to 2.
Walking I had from 10 months to 15 months.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 12:35 pm
Nope. My first had a lot of delays (still gets some services at 4 but is mostly caught up by now). My second is kh right on time or advanced in everything. We don't know why the older one was delayed and if anything, we were more attuned and on top of things (even before the issues were apparent) simply because he is the first. And by the time the second came along, we were paying more attention to the elder because of all the therapy and stuff. So I really do think it is what it is and we don't much control it, and there probably is a hereditary component too (family members on both sides with ASD, ADHD, learning disabilities etc).

Sudy

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 12:59 pm
My kids all reached milestones at different ages.

3 began walking at 1 yr, 1 began at 14 months, and my daughter began walking at 1.5 yrs.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 1:27 pm
My twins reach milestones at different times. Same gender, Both are healthy, intelligent, happy and raised by the same parents at the same time. Every kid is just different

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 1:48 pm
My girls were each totally individual.

My oldest was agile, and got everywhere, crawled early and by 7 months started cruising. Pulled everything down, and nothing was safely out of her reach. We were sure she'd be an early walker, but no - she was fine at that stage and didn't walk until she was 16 months.

My next child was a couch potato, happy to sit with a few toys in one spot and not move much. At about 10 months she started walking a bit while holding on to a doll stroller, and at a year she picked herself up and walked - shoes for her first birthday. And kept me running after her that first walking summer.

And my youngest was active, got into everything, walked at 14 months.

I'd think all your kids doing the same thing at the same age is what's unusual!

sky

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 1:51 pm
Some kids didn't walk until 18 months and some were running by 10.

zigi

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 2:36 pm
nope. my last one walked at 23 months. this one is nine months and took 2 steps. then I had 12 months 15 months. 11 months. so all over the map. they were all on the floor. not cooped up anywhere etc. but all different. I do notice a pattern one ontime the next one late then early etc. same with language. I have 2 speech delayed then I have the ones who aren't. I spoke to both sets the same etc

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 5:19 pm
Nope...my kids were all different. I had one that talked at 9 months but didn't walk before 18 months, one didn't talk until he was two but walked on his first birthday, had one that talked and walked by 11 months and one that talked at 15 months but walked at 10 months...they were even extreme with potty training...one was trained at three! and another was fully trained night and day by 17 months old!!!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 7:26 pm
My first two were just about exactly the same with first teeth and walking. Made keeping track easy. Forget about the rest of them, it varied greatly.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 8:03 pm
Two kids, different in just about every way. Both within normal ranges, but what one did earlier the other did later and what the other did earlier the first did later. As they get older their personalities are just so totally different too, even though for the most part they like to do the same things.

I do know families that have a lot of late walkers or late talkers to the point that they just consider it the norm for their family and it all evens out in the end.

Simple1

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 10:10 pm
My kids all followed similar patterns. Early crawlers - I gave them lot of tummy time; average walkers; and late talkers - probably because I didn't talk so much to my babies. The younger ones actually were not as late to talk because they picked up from the older kids.

But they have all different personalities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics