Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Help me understand what I saw
Previous  1  2

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 2:28 pm
My sil's insulin pump looks exactly like a smartphone right down to the featureless touchscreen. I have no idea how it works but there's no pouch of any sort.

lk1234

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 2:29 pm
I would just ask my friend point blank- why is your husband wearing a phone on shabbos? I don't see any reason not too.

Jeanette

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 2:41 pm
lk1234 wrote:
I would just ask my friend point blank- why is your husband wearing a phone on shabbos? I don't see any reason not too.

Because it's none of your business?
Because they'll share if they want to and if they don't you have no need to know?

saralem

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 4:42 pm
Perhaps a weapon? A not very well concealed one?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 4:56 pm
I know someone who had a heart attack and he wears a device that I believe measures his heart rate. Or something like that. It looks exactly like a smartphone.

singleagain

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 4:59 pm
can you extend an invitation for them to come eat by you, cause then just make sure to ask, "any special dietary requirements I should be aware of?" that might help clear up if it's a medical thing

bluebird

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 7:55 pm
I would either ask directly or let it go. Why do you need to know? Will you be making a decision based on what the object is?

Not all curiosity needs or should be satisfied.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 8:07 pm
singleagain wrote:
can you extend an invitation for them to come eat by you, cause then just make sure to ask, "any special dietary requirements I should be aware of?" that might help clear up if it's a medical thing

Why not MYOB?

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 1:06 pm
There is defiantly a legit reason for him holding onto his phone. Otherwise it would've been hidden away somewhere...

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 2:20 pm
amother wrote:
I know someone who had a heart attack and he wears a device that I believe measures his heart rate. Or something like that. It looks exactly like a smartphone.

I think it's called a Holtz monitor, or something similar. A friend of mine has a pacemaker, and every now and then she has to wear a monitor for a week or so to get a baseline for how well the device is functioning.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 6:36 pm
My husband works in a medically related field. He has to carry a phone on Shabbos. He was told that he must wear it in a way that it is noticeable and not concealed (such as clipped on his belt).

fashgurl

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 6:41 pm
amother wrote:
My husband works in a medically related field. He has to carry a phone on Shabbos. He was told that he must wear it in a way that it is noticeable and not concealed (such as clipped on his belt).

Reason...?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 6:47 pm
So that it is clear to everyone around him, shul, neighborhood that he is not hiding anything. He keeps it next to his Hatzolah radio so that it is obviously an extension of his medical duties.......
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions