Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
White Bean and Roasted Chicken Salad

Amarante

Post Sat, Nov 14 2015, 11:35 pm
This is very good and easy. I used to make it to bring to work for lunch

White Bean and Roasted Chicken Salad
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recipe By: Cooking Light

Serving Size: 4

Ingredients:

Salad:
2 cups coarsely chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
1 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/3 cup sliced fresh basil
2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained

Dressing:

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves, garlic minced

Directions:

To prepare salad, place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir gently to combine.

To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad, tossing gently to coat.

Notes:

Cannellini beans, or white kidney beans, are smaller than Great Northern beans and add just the right texture. Great for picnics or lazy-day suppers, this salad stirs together in a flash.

Nutritional Information:

Yield: 5 servings (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)

NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 369 (25% from fat); FAT 10.1g (sat 2g, mono 5.7g, poly 1.7g); PROTEIN 29.2g; CARB 41.5g; FIBER 9.6g; CHOL 45mg; IRON 4mg; SODIUM 342mg; CALC 117mg;

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 1:51 am
I just happen to have every one of those ingredients in the house right now! Thanks for the recipe. Very Happy

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 2:25 am
I use a recipe almost identical to this one, but without the chicken and adding another can of beans.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 6:05 am
Guess what I'm having for lunch! Very Happy

DH says to say "Thank you." Wink

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 7:37 am
I hope you all enjoy it. It's one of those recipes that yields a result which is much better than it seems on paper especially considering ease of preparation and I used to make it a lot because I wanted to bring healthy food to work for lunch.

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 1:28 pm
Bumping. I added avacodo. It's delicious.

Amarante

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 1:32 pm
Avocado sounds like a delicious addition. I would probably add the avocado right before serving because when I made it, I used to eat for a few days and I think the avocado would go a bit dodgy if immersed in the salad for that long :-)

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 1:35 pm
This recipe is a winner. I save the avacodo pit with the salad. It keeps for a day.

Amarante

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 1:49 pm
Squishy wrote:
This recipe is a winner. I save the avacodo pit with the salad. It keeps for a day.

I know that is a hack for guacamole to prevent browning.

I like the idea of adding avocado but I think for my purposes it would be just as easy to dice into my single serving since I generally wouldn't be able to finish within 24 hours.

Who doesn't like avocado - you can even gild the lily by putting it in halved avocados for serving Very Happy

Amarante

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 1:50 pm
Squishy wrote:

I really like when simple recipes yield a result that seems so much better than the simple prep and ingredients would make it seem. As opposed to my LEAST favorite type of recipe when I would go to a lot of trouble and the results would be meh. LOL LOL LOL Banging head
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey