Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Best way to remove stickers from dishes
1  2  Next

mo5

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 7:42 pm
Before I toivel 200plus dishes ! What's your best tried and true method?

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:00 pm
Salad oil usually dissolves adhesives quite well, but you can also point a hot blow-dryer at the stickers to melt the adhesive. Oddly enough I have not found WD-40 to be all that effective, and it's toxic, too. A product called Goo Gone is reputed to be very effective, but I have never tried it.

Scrape off any residual adhesive with the side of a plastic card.

magenta

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:07 pm
Goo gone works great. Pour some onto the sticker then rub off with a paper towel. It's easy. Doesn't smell too good you might want to wear gloves.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:36 pm
Another vote for GooGone — it works!

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:03 pm
How bad is it? Some stickers peel off pretty easily, especially on dishes where they know you'll want to remove them without leaving gunk - it's not like trying to repurpose a jar...

tweety1

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 11:02 pm
Another vote for goo-gone

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 11:27 pm
Just be careful because goo-gone will leave an oily film that you need to wash off. first try seeing if you can just gently scrape it off.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 11:31 pm
I just pour hot water on the dish and use a sponge to get it off. Works just fine.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 2:10 am
If the sticker doesn't lift off easily, then I try to peel it off the best I can, and the thin layers that remain I find can be removed with hot soapy water and a scrubby.

chani8

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 2:53 am
Dish soap and a scrubby.

And I learned my lesson. I check for stickers before I buy. So not worth it, even at a great sale, to spend hours scrubbing stickers off.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 2:58 am
Nail polish remover, or better yet, straight acetone (like you use to remove gel nails). No residue, and it works on ANY type of sticky stuff.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 3:09 am
Benzine
Besides those mentioned above.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 3:21 am
Acetone works well

lfab

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 7:12 am
I peel off as much of the sticker as possible then use goo gone to get off any residual stickiness.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 8:13 am
I love when manufacturers use quality stickers that peel right off. For those that don't, goo gone is the magic solution. Peel off as much as you can, wipe of rest with goo gone.

pause

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 8:14 am
ra_mom wrote:
I love when manufacturers use quality stickers that peel right off. For those that don't, goo gone is the magic solution. Peel off as much as you can, wipe of rest with goo gone.
And then wipe or wash off the goo-gone because it's oily, and that in itself is a chatzitza.

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 8:15 am
If you can find it, lighter fluid works well. With dishes, warm water and soap works but goo gone and lighter fluid are great for removing stickers from paper or other items that might tear. They break down the glue without harming the underlying paper.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 8:19 am
I found that the quality dishes had easily removable stickers, but the price tag stickers were a pain to remove.

brocha1

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:25 am
Baby wipes

RS22

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 11:23 am
I use goo gone too. Let it soak into the label for a minute, then wipe off. Occasionally I will need to scrub a drop. Then wash the oily residue off with soap/water.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen