Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Best way to go about it

optimist

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 1:50 am
I would like to make a beautiful cookbook for my organization with gorgeous photos, etc. similar in standard to the latest jewish cookbooks coming out.
Any recommendations how to go about it?
What kind of budget am I looking at if I have a volunteer photographer who will photograph. Me n my committee will cook and design the food.

Is there a website that I can do this on?

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 2:32 am
A lot of the photobook websites have cookbook templates but the pricing may be higher than you're looking for... I wouldn't know. There should be a bulk price but still probably more than a regular printing place.

optimist

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 2:50 am
I'm clueless. Can you give me examples. I only know of snap fish and shutterfly. Someone told me that the photobook that they made on one of those sites fell apart immediately. Is it better to go with regular hardcover and binding or a spiral binding and soft cover?

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:01 am
Sorry, that's about the limit of my knowledge. I do know that manually formatting a cookbook can be a massive pain in the neck even with the shtickiest layout software, so using some kind of pre-made program is a great idea. (getting all the ingredients and instructions looking right... bleah.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics