Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Midreshet Tehillah?
1  2  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 1:22 pm
Does anyone know about this seminary?

Who goes there? I hear it's a mix, but of who, and does it tend more toward one type? What's the haskafah? Are the girls growing before they get there and eager for the experience, or is this a school designed to get the girls excited about it when they get there? And what's the learning level?

Thanks.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 12:22 pm
Any info about it? Is it MO or Bais Yakov? Academic? What kind of girls?

jd1212

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 12:26 pm
I believe RWMO - girls who consider Michlalah overlapped among friends of mine 10 years ago.

Rappel

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 12:41 pm
In general - the school takes religious girls, whom want to grow. We had the full range of backgrounds my year, and the ones whom stayed were the ones whom were there to meet G-d. Party girls drop out pretty quickly.

The staff are the best - very caring, very close with the girls.

The school offers a buffet of learning within the charedi through chardal spectrum.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:27 pm
Thank you both. Too bad the deadline to apply has passed...
Out of curiosity, are all RWMO seminaries very academic? I know the learning level is usually higher in MO schools than Bais Yakovs, but which Israeli seminaries do good, non party RWMO B and C students go to?

Rappel

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:33 pm
Maybe email them anyway and see what they say. Deadlines aren't always hard lines, and the Kagans are as kind and as flexible as possible.

MT has multiple parallel classes, so both the academic students and the non -academic students can all find their groove.

I hope you find what you're looking for!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:41 pm
Thank you, Rappel!!

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:48 pm
no this school is NOT rwmo it does not cater to that crowd at all!

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:49 pm
girls who go to michlala would never go to this seminary this is an amzing sem with such warm staff but its mostly for the hippy, out of the box girl I know pleanty people who have went there the past 3 years and they are married now and preatty hippy/modern, great people but not at all RWMO

jd1212

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:58 pm
Yikes sorry! Guess I was wrong!

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 2:04 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Thank you both. Too bad the deadline to apply has passed...
Out of curiosity, are all RWMO seminaries very academic? I know the learning level is usually higher in MO schools than Bais Yakovs, but which Israeli seminaries do good, non party RWMO B and C students go to?

Tiferet?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 2:11 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
Tiferet?

Yea they go to Tiferet that’s known as not being so acidemic

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 2:12 pm
jd1212 wrote:
Yikes sorry! Guess I was wrong!

Sorry didn’t mean to attack you!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 2:26 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Yea they go to Tiferet that’s known as not being so acidemic

Just one seminary?
What is it like? RWMO? Party place? Very into clothing/designers? Boyfriends? TV shows/pop culture?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 2:47 pm
its mo alot of girls have/ had boy freinds many are from five towns/ Teaneck.. all have smart phones ya most watch movies/tv

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 2:48 pm
whats your daughter like, maybe explain her to me and I can try to think of schools for her

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 3:03 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
whats your daughter like, maybe explain her to me and I can try to think of schools for her

She's been in Bais Yakov schools her whole life, but wants a non stifling, not yeshivishe place where girls aren't scared to ask any questions and will be answered, not poo-pooed. She's very sweet and sincere, an amazing friend. Very simple, no fancy/designer clothing, never had a boyfriend, knows some of pop culture but not much.
Guess, she can be best described as "just plain out of town frum", although we always lived in tri state area.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 3:28 pm
hmm so going the mo route isnt a good option for her I dont know the bais yaakovs that are more out of the box type but im sure others on here would be able to help im more familar with mo schools and tomer devora, shrfmans, Midreshet Tehilla type schools
hatzlacha!

s1

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 5:16 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
girls who go to michlala would never go to this seminary this is an amzing sem with such warm staff but its mostly for the hippy, out of the box girl I know pleanty people who have went there the past 3 years and they are married now and preatty hippy/modern, great people but not at all RWMO

I’m in the UK and have heard excellent reviews about midreshet tehilla. None of the girls I know who’ve been there are hippyish at all. I’m not sure how I’d classify it as Americans have different classifications in general but I’d say it’s frum but not BY. Certainly not girls who have boyfriends, they probably would have smart phones and watch movies.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 6:34 pm
It’s modern orthodox for sure. I don’t know what you mean by hippie.
Maybe Ateres would be a good choice, peninim, darchei Binah ?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics