Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Living in Israel 2

SouthernShalom

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 5:29 pm
I didn't want to hijack the other thread with my question.
Can anyone tell me about the cost of living in Gush Etzion v.s. the cost of Kiryat Arba?

hila

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 12:45 am
Rent for the same appartment will probably be cheaper in K4. However add in the extra commute times and inconvenience before deciding

They do have more busses that the gush has, though, and the bus ride is only about a shekel more than from Efrat/ Gush Etsion.

Purchase price is also cheaper in K4. I know someone who bought a 3 room (2 bedrooms) for $25k about 4 years ago. I dont think prices there have increased drastically since then.

Behatslacha

SouthernShalom

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 8:56 am
Thanks for your responses(to all of my questions)! Hila,
I just noticed that you are a Doula, that is awesome! I am wanting to become a midwife. I was waiting to do the internship until my kids are a little older and will be able to stay by themselves. Now I don't know what to do b/c we are concidering Aliyah. What is the opinion of midwives in Israel? Are they accepted? Do they have training there?
You might not know the answers or I might be boring you with my endless questions. If so you can tell me and I won't get mad. I am such a planner and it drives me nuts to not know what I am heading for.

hila

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 10:39 am
there is no such thing here as direct entry midwife. You have to be a qualified nurse first. I really ont know much more, except that most nurses now are expected to have a nursing degree.

So be prepared. And it does no pay great. Nor does much else actually. Sad

It is not easy to make a fortune here Smile

SouthernShalom

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 10:38 am
Wow that is very different than here. Here you can be licensed as a Certified Professional Midwife w/o the nursing degree. And it pays well too.
How did you become a doula? Was it in Israel?
It really isn't about the money,it is just something I enjoy.

hila

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 11:13 am
YEP - I certified in israel . a 6 month course, one day a week, with extra projects and 5 births .

There is no doula certifying authority here - just private courses.

the women who taught my course are well known and accepted at all jerusalem hostiptals (and some others)

SouthernShalom

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 11:37 am
Thanks,I will have to look into that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics