Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Hidden pneumonia?

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 6:22 pm
For the past four nights, my toddler has extremely rapid breathing (50-60 per minute), high fever, wakes up choking, periods of non-stop coughing, sometimes moaning with each breath.

Yet two doctors have checked him in the past two days and waved it off as a virus. I'm an experienced mother and have never seen a child like this from a virus. Could it be the doctors are missing something? Isn't there such a thing as pneumonia that is not detected by stethoscope?

I'm in Israel, it's the middle of the night, and I just don't know what to do. I have a newborn, my husband isn't home, and he's been convinced by the doctors that it's "just a virus", whereas I'm really not convinced. ..

sunshine5

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 6:31 pm
Sounds like you havingquit a scary night. I would suggest a chest xray as soon as possible. 2 of my kids just finished meds for pnemonia, 1 was not coughing at all just fever vomiting and back pain when breathing, the second was feeling fine just hada badcough nothing like your describing, I wouldn't even have him checked if my older one wouldn't have pnemonia,my first one was only diagnosed thru chest xray. Rafia Shlaima.

tweety1

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 7:49 pm
Sure! Silent /walking pnemonia. Get an xray asap

chanee

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 8:52 pm
Does your child scream in pain? When my child had pneumonia he had terrible chest pain while coughing. If you have a nebulizer use it until you can do an exray.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 9:32 pm
No, bh not screaming in pain. In the end I couldn't take it and sent him with my husband to the ER. They also said his lungs are clear bh, but nevertheless he is under respiratory distress, so they will give him inhaled steroids and hopefully send him home.... eventually. I feel vindicated that at least they are giving him some medication.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 11:20 pm
In the end he does have slight pneumonia, and low saturation, so they're hospitalising him. Sad Which is not what we planned for today.... But gam zu letovah.

happyfaces

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 11:32 pm
Bh now you know that he'll be alright. As long as its taken care of.

tweety1

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 9:46 pm
Op how's your son doing?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics