Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Not normal!!!!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 8:54 am
I'm about to go alone (DH and kids staying home) to Israel for some family smachot. I hate traveling!! I get anxious! What's to be nervous about?? I've been there dozens of times. Im going to see family. I should be looking forward and part of me is!! Why is this such a big deal??? So frustrated!!!

Vent over!

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 9:00 am
Um, are you nervous about the US State Dept travel alert?
Are you nervous about security in general?
Are you nervous about he logistics (getting the right gate at the airport, packing the right stuff, etc.)?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 9:10 am
I think it's normal. Travel is stressful. Some people are nervous fliers. I recently had to go away for three days and I was so nervous about DH handling the logistics while I was away. Not because he's incompetent but because he's not as practiced as I am, since he was doing certain things that I usually do. I was right that it would be hard- he told me it took him twice as long to do the things that I usually take care of, but hey, everyone survived. The kids got to school a little late, some clothes were mismatched, but who cares in the grand scheme of things. But yes, it made me feel stressed during my trip, even though I know logically it shouldn't have.

Amarante

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 11:00 am
Are you more worried than usual? Are you worried about specifics?

I tend to be a worrier and I just go with the flow of my worrying and generally don't let it get in the way if what has to be done. I am always running scenarios through my head and preparing for contingencies.

It's my nature and sometimes it's a good thing as I am prepared and don't run helter skelter into things. I prepare lists and check and recheck for example. I assume there might be glitches with taxis or other connections. Just a few examples. When all goes well, I am relieved.

So long as you are not letting it stop you from living your life, just accept it.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 12:33 pm
I get extremely nervous when I travel.
Even for simchas, alone or with my husband and even more so with my kids. I get so nervous I have to take medication and herbal drops to keep me calm.
Things that help me the most are:
- rescue remedy
- having some music that really calms me and puts me in a better state of mind on a playlist at the ready
- some comfort foods/gum

Safe trip!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics