Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
High Fever

Didi

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 8:33 pm
My daughter has been running a fever of 104 since sunday morning. I don't know what more to do for her, I have given her Motrin, baths and tylenol. She is complaining of a soar throat and it burns when she pishes. She is 3 1/2. The doc says it is not strep or a UTI. It is just a virus. What else can I do for her???

proudmom

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 9:50 pm
make sure she is only wearing cotton clothing, make sure she drinks a lot of fluids to prevent dehydration and continue with the bath to bring down the fever. Refuah Shelaima

Didi

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 10:24 pm
thanks, we are doing all that. All she wants to do is drink and sleep. she had a peice of rye bread today to eat. I called the doc and she told me it is probably still a virus. It is so pathetic when your kid turns down ice cream and ices and tells you that she is too sick to eat them. She can only have it when she is better.

proudmom

Post Wed, May 04 2005, 8:48 pm
how is she feeling?

supermom

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 2:04 pm
funny because here they say after a few days with the same fever and all and other symptoms bring them to the hospital. did you try that maybe your doctor is not seeing something that is really the foundation of it all. because fever is a sign that something is wrong with your body. I will still get a second opinion just to be on the safe side. keep us posted though.

Yael

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 3:33 pm
how does the doctor know its not a UTI? did he do a test on her? or is it just his opinion? a fever that doesnt go away for more 48 hrs. is definitly a sign of an infection of some kind. I'm not talking about if the fever goes down then goes back up. only if its been high for 48 hrs straight.

Didi

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 7:41 pm
Now that I finally have 5 minutes I will tell you all about my week. Motzei Shabbat she came down with 102 by sunday afternoon she had 104. Motzei Pesach I called the pediatrician who told me to bring her in on monday. Monday night we had 104.4 so we called the pediatrician who told me to bathe her to bring down the fever and bring her in if she still has a high fever in the morning. Tuesday we went back once again and saw a third pediatrician who said she had tonsilitis and we have to check her urin. When we were finally able to get a sample (you know how much fun it is to get a 3 1/2 yr old to pee in a cup), she was very dehidrated and he just was not happy sending me home without a prescription for an antibiotic. So we started her on Augmentin. Wed morning we had no fever YAY. Lo and behold the doc calls at 3ish and asks how she is doing. As the phone rang the thermometer was in her tush. Well she had 103. Then around at 12:30am she had 105.2. Well we spent last night in the ER. The doc told us she also thinks it is tonsilitis. Well back to the pediatrician we went and they took a blood test (a big girl blood test) she was spooked for life I think. Anyway I will find out tomorrow morning the blood results but they want to rule out Mono and another viral infection that starts with a C don't remember the name. If I have time and energy I will keep you all posted before shabbat on how she is doing.

gryp

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 7:48 pm
Refuah Shlaima!
I will have her and you in mind when I say my tehillim this Shabbos.

Didi

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 8:05 pm
Thank you RG her name is Miriam Perel Bat Deena

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 10:12 pm
refuah shelaima!
My baby had 105.8 when he had a double ear infection and that was quite a scare! B"H we were at the dr's office when it was that high.
at least she's started on antibiotics, so hopefully that'll help whatever it is. hatzlocha and hope to hear good news very soon!

Didi

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 11:27 am
B"H as of shabbos she has been back to her normal self. She even woke up crying that she wanted to go back to school today. Thanks for all your well wishes

supermom

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 12:08 pm
why would an UTI cause such high fever?

Didi

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 2:48 pm
they think it was just viral not a uti. but I wont know till the morning when I speak with the doctor
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics