Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Couples fe fi fo fum

fbc

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 8:08 pm
So it's not exactly fe fi fo fum, but on Chanukah or family will be playing that kinda game, so we need ideas of questions that are fe fi fo fum like. For example, which of the two is more likely to get a speeding ticket? Which of the two is more likely to munch on candy? Other question ideas needed! Lots of couples playing! Can b about any topic! Shopping/bringing up kids/meals/fun/random!!

NurseK

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 8:23 pm
So I guess one couple goes up at a time? Sounds fun!

Who pays the bills?
Whose stuff is neater?
Who finishes benching first?
Who would be more likely to eat a worm?
Who is on their phone more?
Who has the sillier baby voice?
Who is more likely to want to go out for dinner?
Who is more likely to say "you're grounded!"
Who spends more money on chatchkes?
Who would go bungee jumping?

fbc

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 8:41 pm
Ooh I like those!! Yes, one couple goes up at a time! Basically, in short, they sit back to back, each hold two signs. Dh is holding one that says "me" one that says "her", dw is holding one that said "me" one that says "him". When question is asked they have to quickly hold up the sign that they think is the correct answer! I assume it gets funny depending on question, and if couple disagrees about who is most likely to do what Wink

yenny

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 8:43 pm
Just be careful, these games can get a little sensitive.

smss

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 9:31 pm
yenny wrote:
Just be careful, these games can get a little sensitive.

You said that so nicely, yenny.

I'm not as nice as you. OP, I think it's an extremely dangerous and harmful thing to do. I would not want the weight of possibly hurting people's shalom bayis on my head. Do you really?

fbc

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 10:10 pm
We wouldn't do any questions like that! More the light kind of questions, like who would rather relax by curling up on the couch reading a book? Nothing harmful, we will definitely put thought into it. Thanks for bringing up though.

smss

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 1:46 am
fbc wrote:
We wouldn't do any questions like that! More the light kind of questions, like who would rather relax by curling up on the couch reading a book? Nothing harmful, we will definitely put thought into it. Thanks for bringing up though.

Well, you said you were going to ask "which of the two is more likely to get a speeding ticket? Which of the two is more likely to munch on candy?" I could definitely see those being sensitive issues for some couples. Or stam embarrassing in a crowd.

I think it's way too personal. At best inappropriate, and at worst really has the potential to hurt people's shalom bayis.

Just my two cents.

fbc

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 8:13 am
Omg guys, it's not like we're asking questions about finances and bedroom life and shalom bayis issues here!! If you end up at our party, please, do us all a favor and just don't volunteer to play. I thought I was overly sensitive...if asking about speeding tickets and candy would bother you, I dunno what I'd do! In my family the only controversial topic that makes everyone heated and mad is finances.

smss

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 9:14 am
Look, you really can't know what is or isn't a sensitive issue for any given couple, or what turns the game could take, or what recent events might make a question loaded.

You don't know who might walk out of there feeling hurt at how quickly her spouse put up "HER", or comparing her spouse to other spouses there in a negative way.

Quote:
Who pays the bills?
Whose stuff is neater?
Who is on their phone more?
Who spends more money on chatchkes?

You really don't see that these could be sensitive issues?

pointyshoes

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 10:22 am
I dunno, ya gotta know your crowd to know if it will be sensitive or good fun. Sounds like it would be fun in my family! But think of who youre inviting and work it out!
Who is more likely to eat straight from the salad bowl?

bandcm

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 11:40 am
I don't like it. I don't see how it is possible that there will be NO couple walking out of that party with bad blood between them.
Do it with siblings, friends, neighbours, roommates, co-workers, parent/child - but not with spouses. It's not worth it, in my opinion.

smss

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 11:45 am
pointyshoes wrote:
I dunno, ya gotta know your crowd to know if it will be sensitive or good fun. Sounds like it would be fun in my family! But think of who youre inviting and work it out!
Who is more likely to eat straight from the salad bowl?

Oh, I think it could be very funny to watch!
Doesn't erase the concerns though.

fbc

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 2:23 pm
Not erasing concerns at all. I know the crowd, I know my family, and we wouldn't ask questions that can raise problems! And no personally, I don't see how asking who pays the bills can be a problem, or who spends on chachkes. Or whatever the other questions were. Maybe that's just me. And yes, I myself am pretty sensitive!

sourstix

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 3:50 pm
I'll agree this could be fun. but it can turn hurtful. I wouldnt do this type of game either

UQT

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 7:50 pm
Many years ago when my DH was in Kollel and I was working my head off he got a $250 ticket. It took me days to get over it. I felt like his carelessness was costing us money that I killed myself to earn. It showed me a lack of respect of my hard work. I was probably pregnant or really hormonal at the time but I remember stewing about it for at least a week, though logically he didn't ask to be pulled over. It was the maddest I ever got at him. So yeah, speeding tickets can be a trigger.

You never know what someone else's triggers are.

tichellady

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 9:55 pm
I happen to think the game sounds fun. maybe it is a cultural thing to feel it is a bad idea. I am modern orthodox and think that these types of games are normal in my community.

fbc

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 10:16 pm
Guys, the point of the thread is I need ideas of questions. If you can't help, or don't want to, don't! We are playing this game, and I came here for help, and only got a drop. Any more ideas??

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 7:12 am
I don't know fefifum thing, but those questions, in public?! no.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics