Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
What's a great cookbook for shabbos recipes?

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 4:07 pm
For someone who wanted to make a somewhat typical shabbos meal and had no idea how, had little experience cooking (including for shabbos).....what cookbook would you recommend?

justmarried:)

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 4:27 pm
Spice and spirit

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 5:04 pm
Ashkenazic? Sephardic? Tex-Mex or Asian fusion? Pretty much any cookbook that is kosher can be used for Shabbos, but it depends on what flavors you're looking for.

I find Pinterest to be the best source. Just type "kosher" into the search bar. It's free!

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 5:24 pm
Sorry-- I need to be more specific:

I am looking for a cookbook to giveaway as a prize at a kiruv event. I am not looking for recipes on the web Smile--- The attendees have all been invited to lots of homes for shabbos (usually askenaz, not chassidish or sephardi homes) and are used to seeing the "typical"--- potato kugel, chicken soup, some nice salads, some not-too-difficult desserts.....etc....

So what would be a good cookbook for that? I like the spice and spirit as well, but you know how everyone is always looking for glossy pictures.......

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 5:27 pm
The first quick and kosher is all about that I think. The second one is really assembling not cooking so I don't recommend it.

justmarried:)

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 5:31 pm
The bais yakov cookbook
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics