Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Are you a liberal or conservative?
Previous  1  2  3  4

are you a liberal or conservative?
liberal  
 23%  [ 32 ]
conservative  
 57%  [ 80 ]
other  
 19%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 139

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 10:29 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Apparently you haven't fact checked some of Trumps claims.

I wrote that the Mr. Trump says what he thinks, and he says it in plain English, not that he's always factually correct. The media is quick to jump on him -- which makes him stronger, because much of his base detests the media and is delighted to see someone fight back. But to give a fact-check example, I remember Muslims celebrating 9/11 in the USA. Not thousands, but yes, it did happen.

Again, Trump is not my candidate of choice. I prefer constitutional conservatives. Ted Cruz is surging in Iowa. We'll see how that plays out.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 10:32 pm
miracleshappen wrote:
So by that logic we should vote for Bernie Sanders...he's actually Jewish

Nah, Trump has Jewish grandchildren, that's more important. Bernie married out.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 10:40 pm
I'm independent because the liberal party is not liberal enough for me, inasmuch as it's too concerned about being PC to speak out against the subjugation of minorities within Islamic communities, and it's also so concerned about being PC with respect to criticizing Islam that it winds up supporting anti-Semitic movements.
By the same token, I could never put a candidate in office who supports the subjugation of minorities, which I find that most representatives for the Republican party do in one way or another. As a Jew, I also refuse to put an individual in office, who believes that religion should play a role in politics.
I wind up voting liberal, in part because the President elects the SCOTUS justices, and I can't bear the thought of the Supreme Court having another right-wing Justice.
To those who think that Trump is a viable candidate- today he stated that he would block all Muslims from entering the US. Isn't that disturbing in a deep and terrifying way? Doesn't that statement, his narcissism, his open derision of one minority community after the next,-including women- remind you of anyone? And I have no clue why the willingness to speak one's mind is, by itself, a virtue.

Imagine the post on Imamother:
Amother Red: WWYD? My DH bought this awkward guest home from shul. He sat at the Shabbat table and commented on how I was too fat. He said I already had a baby nine months ago and I looked like a pig. Someone brought up Gilad Shalit at the shabbat seuda and he said that a good soldier would make sure not to get caught. I was horrified especially because my good friend who was sitting with us at the meal has a cousin who was killed in Gaza protecting our nation. A Muslim neighbor stopped by to ask us if we knew whose car was blocking our driveway. When he heard us say, "Hi Mohamed," he screamed at DH, "Why are you letting terrorists into your house?" My neighbor gave us a surprised and hurt look and quickly left. When the guest was leaving, he saw my Latin American next-door neighbor's five year old child and asked loudly in front of the child why we have anchor babies sitting on our front stairs. (Never mind that my neighbors have been Americans since before we immigrated here from Russia.) It was the worst shabbat I had in decades. I told DH never to bring him back, ever, but DH said he actually has a lot of respect for him, since he's not afraid to speak his mind. WWYD?

Amother Aquamarine: Your DH is right. This man is not afraid to speak his mind. I hope he runs for president. I would vote for him.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 10:43 pm
One more thing: To the best of my understanding, there is a difference between Conservative-Liberal in the US and in Europe. I think that most (or many) European Conservatives still believe in various forms of social welfare, women's rights, and gay rights, and the Conservative aspect is largely fiscal. But European people, please chime in because I'm curious about whether that's true.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 12:00 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I wrote that the Mr. Trump says what he thinks, and he says it in plain English, not that he's always factually correct. The media is quick to jump on him -- which makes him stronger, because much of his base detests the media and is delighted to see someone fight back. But to give a fact-check example, I remember Muslims celebrating 9/11 in the USA. Not thousands, but yes, it did happen.

Again, Trump is not my candidate of choice. I prefer constitutional conservatives. Ted Cruz is surging in Iowa. We'll see how that plays out.

Ted is doing well. He's got a new gun owners PAC going on. Trump still is a proven liar who sells well in the xenophobic racist south.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 11:40 pm
Conservative, but Canadian. We ALL agree with healthcare no matter how far right we are.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics